6 places in Ireland I'd like to travel to

09:00:00



Hey lovelies,

I hope you’re all doing well. As I said in my latest post, I’d like to have as much fun as possible this year before I’m in my final year and buried in the books. A large portion of what I’d like to do with myself this year is to travel around Ireland and see more of the places that have literally been under my nose for all these years. So, without any further interruption, I bring you a list of places I would like to visit in Ireland in 2017.

 
6 places I’d like to visit in Ireland in 2017


1.       Croagh Patrick, County Mayo

At 764 metres in height, Croagh Patrick is a mountain and pilgrimage area in County Mayo in Ireland. It is located less than 10 km from the city of West Port and every year on the last Saturday in July it is climbed by pilgrims. My mother was born and raised in Mayo so it is no surprise that climbing Croagh Patrick is on my list of things to do before I die!


2.       The Burren, County Clare 



Despite having been to the Burren when I was younger, the visit is definitely not fresh in my memory and I definitely think a re-visit ought to be on the menu on my list of Irish wonders to see this year. The Burren is one of the six national parks in the Republic of Ireland and it has a karst landscape. It is a completely unique place because of this as well as the occurrence of chemical weathering as well as the diverse range of flora and fauna in this park.



3.       The Cliffs of Moher, County Clare




Even though I have family located in County Clare, I have somehow never been to The Cliffs of Moher. The Cliffs are probably one of Ireland's renowned landmarks in the country. I know in my experience that a lot of people I know who've visited Ireland have really liked the cliffs.

4.       Dingle, County Kerry

I'd really like to go to Dingle but it isn't at the top of my priority list as I know that if I sit another module in Irish that I'll be going there to Irish College which is a mandatory part of the course. Dingle is however a lovely place in County Kerry filled with lots of culture and beauty.


5.       The Giant’s Causeway, County Antrim




The Giant's Causeway is in essence, the result of a past volcanic eruption. There are approximately 40,000 interlocking basalt columns because of this eruption. This is one of the most unique geographic landmarks I've ever heard of and I think it is time I paid it a visit. 

6.       Belfast, County Antrim 

The capital city of Northern Ireland and home to Queen's University, Belfast is a city that is on my Irish travel list. There's lot's to do and see from the titanic museum to lots of historical points of interest.



Is there anywhere in Ireland that you think needs my attention? If so, feel free to suggest places to visit in the comments.

If you would like to see little snippets of my adventures and travels I highly suggest giving my Instagram account a follow as I try to share a lot of my journeys there.

Keep safe and I’ll see you in my next one,
Bye,

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'd really love to see more of Ireland! I've only ever been once, to Dublin, so I would like to see some of the countryside there. The views across the sea look breathtaking!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!