A Vegan Carb-y Salad!

09:00:00


Hey Lovelies,

It really has been awhile since I have written a blog post that is a recipe or food related. This isn't exactly a recipe as per say, but I thought it had a little place on my blog as it has been something I have created multiple times this summer, a vegan carb-y salad.

It is in the summer time when I carb up the most and eat an array of different varieties of fruit and vegetables and I feel like a salad is very refreshing on these kinds of days! Although, I feel you need a large portion of this to feel full, I also feel like this would make a nice side salad on the side of your dinner plate.

This isn't really a recipe as I stated earlier, it is more of a "see-what-you-have-in-your-fridge-and-make-it-into-a-salad". The greatest thing about this is that it is all real, whole food and you know exactly what has gone into it. Other than a bit of balsamic vinegar, I merely just added whole fruits and vegetables. This recipe changes all the time! One time I added pineapple, another time mango and this time strawberries. It tastes pretty good regardless of what's in your fridge!

Ingredients 
2 1/2 Sweet Potatoes
100 g of Brown Rice
Whatever greens you have in your fridge (I had kale and half a head of Broccoli)

Mixed Bell Peppers
2 small carrots
A Cup of Kidney Beans
5 Strawberries

Method 
As this isn't exactly a proper recipe there isn't a precise method, eat this how you would like.
Cook your vegetables and rice as you would normally  (Boil in water for about 20 minutes) and soak your kidney beans overnight or do the quick soak method. Once all the food has cooked, combine in a large bowl.

Serve either hot or cold. 




Have you created any unique recipes this summer?

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Mmm this looks so tasty! I'm so bad at preparing salads, I like to make quick food haha. But hopefully I'll have time this summer to get inventive. I've never heard of putting strawberries into a salad! I mean I have fruit salads, but I neeever mix fruit and vegetable salads! xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!