5 ways to remember your travels!

09:00:00


Hey lovelies,

I hope you are all well. Let me know what you've been up to recently!

If there is anything that fills me with absolute wonder and awe, it would most probably be the act of travelling. I love exploring and discovering new beautiful places. No matter how beautiful somewhere may be, it can be pretty easy to forget all those amazing experiences you had in one instant! Suddenly, I don't remember a lot of what we did on our school tour to Berlin in 2009. Of course, I remember the stand out moments, but I wasn't as into my social media back then as I am now so I've barely any photos to remember the moment!

Today's post is going to be about little ways you can remember the times you've had in all these wonderful places you've travelled to, little symbols and signs of the time you spent there!

So without further ado, let's move on to some of the ideas I have about how you can remember a travel experience you've had in the past!


5 Ways to remember your Travels 
1. Takes lots of Photos and Create an Album 

Lots of people create photo albums for many various reasons; to record their children's initial memories and milestones, maybe to remember a special occasion like a birthday or a communion, or to store pictures that were taken on a family holiday! An album doesn't always have to take a physical form, you could always make an online album which I'll admit isn't as personal or upload some of your favourite photos to your Instagram page! You could even add little captions to your photo album on small strips of paper so you'll remember what exactly you were doing at the time!

2. Write a journal 

I am one of those people who always try to start writing a journal for a long period of time and never stick to it! There aren't many topics of interest to write about on a daily basis. However, when you're away from home there'll always be something far more interesting happening and hence more content to write in your journal. Writing a journal is a great way of conjuring up the way you feel at a certain moment in time. When my boyfriend Cathal and some of his friends travelled to Milan to go on a road trip to CERN in Geneva, one of his friends started writing a journal about everything that was happening for the days they were abroad. Now they have something they can look back on and have a little account of the events that occurred on that trip!

3. Collect Postcards

I am someone who likes to send postcards rather than collect them, but I do know a lot of people who collect postcards from places they've been to! You could even write some of the exciting things you did on the back so you won't forget about them!

4. Collect Magnets 

Ever since the age of 13, I've been collecting magnets from amazing cities I have visited. I currently have 14 magnets but unfortunately forgot to buy one in Stockholm and one in Paris. I suppose I'll just have to re-visit those places again! haha!


5. Collect Plane tickets

One of my Uni friends Astrid who is from Norway has a large collection of all the plane tickets she has purchased from Dublin to Norway and Norway to Dublin. This kind of sparked the idea that it would be cool to collect tickets from all the places you've been to and keep them in a box. I always lose that piece of paper fairly quickly when I arrive, though!


What do you do to remember places you've travelled to in the past?
Let me know in the comments below!

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. These are all great ideas! I like to take lots of photos when I am holiday and I want to try capturing some videos this year! I love a good postcard and ticket- I store them all in my memory box xxx


    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I have started a scrapbook recently and I have one of my most recent adventures in it but I need to put in more.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally love to collect plane tickets and mugs, I always get a mug everywhere I go! haha x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!