What Make Up I'm taking to Madeira!

09:00:00







Hey Lovelies,

I hope you are all well! Let me know how you have been in the comments below!

I haven't really mentioned it too much, but from the 30th of June onwards, I will be on the beautiful Island of Madeira for a week. I'm getting excited now, it's only a matter of days until I'll be over and discovering a brand new culture! I doubt I'll be too active on social media during this time, however, I am working on a few blog posts that I can schedule while I am away, so be sure to check out FishnetsxD for updates!

One of the annoying things about travelling is that there is some sort of limit on the amount of things you can take, especially makeup and if you are carrying it in your hand luggage! I feel like you have a lot less choice when travelling because you want to save your space for taking souvenirs home rather than bulking your baggage up with cosmetics you may or may not use.

Today's blog post is going to focus on the makeup items I will be taking to Madeira! I hope you enjoy!




Face 

Firstly, this post will focus on the core items that would be applied to your general face area. The foundation I will be taking with me is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in the colour Vanilla! This is a new foundation I decided to pick up and give a test run. I wouldn't mind trying to find something a bit lighter in coverage like a BB Cream which I do not have currently, so be sure to leave some recommendations in the comments below!

Following foundation comes concealer and setting powder. My go to powder for setting my make up is definitely the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder as is the case with most bloggers, however, I also got a new setting powder and opted to take it instead, it is Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Powder.  My holy grail concealer is the Collection lasting Perfection Concealer. These will undoubtedly be popping in my small makeup bag for the trip.

I will also be including a bronzer and a blush in my travel makeup bag! The blush I am going to go for is Benefit Coralista. This gorgeous coral blush will definitely give you that heavenly summer flush in the cheeks. As for Bronzer, I feel I can't go in the wrong direction if I take my Bourjois Bronzer and Highlight Duo! This also includes a highlight so that is a bonus! I love this stuff for contouring or even just as a way to bronze my face up a bit!



Eyes 

Eye makeup isn't too difficult for me to choose if I am honest. A lot of my eyeshadow palettes are very neutral and can create dozens and dozens of eye shadow looks. The palette I will be taking with me is my beloved Urban Decay Naked Palette which features a heavy range of neutral and warm-toned shades in both matte and shimmery varieties.

I don't wear eyeliner so I won't be taking any. Instead, I use the whole trick of making my eyeshadows wet and using that as an eyeliner. Even that is seldom done. I don't particularly favour any mascaras either so I will go with a Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara to enhance my lashes!




Lips 
Personally, lipsticks are the cosmetic item I have the biggest attachment to and will find very difficult to only pick a select few. I doubt there'll be much opportunity to wear a particularly dark or vampy lipstick so I will have to keep to my neutral and minimalist lipsticks! I don't really wear any lipglosses so it'll be all lipsticks popping in the bag. I managed to bring it down to three lipsticks and they are MAC Brave, Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish in 45 (a pink nude) and of course Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish in 107 (a berry red colour if I want to enhance my lips greatly. I will also pack a pink lip liner I have from Primark/Penneys and a Red Revlon Lip Liner I recently discovered I had!






Brushes

For brushes, I will be taking most of my Real Techniques Brushes as well as an additional eyeshadow brush from my naked palette and a dome-shaped eyeshadow brush I got with a set of brushes from Ebay! The real technique brushes I will be including with my travel makeup includes the following; the Pointed Foundation Brush, the Lip Brush, the Expert Face Brush, the Buffing Brush, the Blush Brush, the Deluxe Crease Brush etc. These brushes should be able to be used with every cosmetic item I am taking with me abroad!


What are your essential makeup items that you need to take with you when travelling?
Be sure to let us all know in the comments below!

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You have got some lovely bits to take with you! I adore all the lipsticks, they are so pretty! Have a lovely time! <3

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the naked palette. I haven't tried that mascara before.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!