Ultimate Erasmus Packing List!

09:00:00


Hey Guys!

So, it's official! On August 15th 2016, I am soaring off to Chicago to make my way to West Lafayette to spend an unbelievable 4 or 5 months! It seems like it was only yesterday I got my email of recommendation from the school of Agriculture. Now, I have only two months left in Ireland, that's two months of making the most of my time with family, friends, my boyfriend, my cat etc. It is also two months of preparation for this huge endeavour! One of the things I feel will be the hardest to do in preparation for this adventure is to pack my life away into a confined suitcase.

I am flying with Aer Lingus who allow 23kg checked in luggage as well as carry on. I could add additional luggage at an extra cost but would like to avoid doing so. Most of the people I've spoken to have advised me to buy things like duvets while I am over there and donate them to charity once I am done with them. Another girl told me that most of what she brought were clothes and the bare minimum. I used all of the information to construct a list that I will be consulting once the time to pack comes. Hopefully this will come in handy for those of you doing Erasmus this year or in the years to come!


Ultimate Erasmus Travel List! 
Bedroom Items - *Will be bought in the United States
- Duvet/Comforter
- Pillows
- Duvet Covers
- Bed Sheets
- Towels

Electronics - iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 charger
- Camera 
- Camera Charger
- Laptop
- Laptop Charger
- Adapters
- Extension Lead
- Portable Charger
- Selfie Stick


Toiletries and Cosmetics
- Skin care items : Cleanser, Toner, Moisturiser, Micellar Water and Cotton Wipes.
- Dental Health : Toothbrush and Toothpaste.
- Bath and Body : Shampoo, Conditioner and Shower Gel.
- Personal Hygiene : Tampons, Sanitary Towels and Deodrant.
- Sun Protection
- Cosmetics : Makeup Bag, Foundation, Concealer, Powder, Bronzer, Blusher, Highlight as well as a selection of lip and eye products.


Clothing - Basic, neutral jewellery and accessories 
- Shoes: Boots, Converse, Flip-Flops, Sandals, Heels. 
- Underwear and Bras 
- Swimwear - Bikini
- Outerwear : Scarf, Hat, Gloves
- 1 heavy jacket
- 2 or 3 lighter jackets / cardigans
- 3-4 formal/going out outfits
- 3-4 Jeans
- 2-3 Leggings
- Skirts and tights x2
- Pajamas (2-3) 
- Shorts (3-4) 
- 2-3 winter jumpers
- Basic tops and shirts


Hand Luggage
- Documents: Passport, US Visa, Plane Tickets, Boarding Pass etc.
- Money : Cash and Debit Card 
- Headphones
- Journal, colouring book and colouring pencils
- Health Insurance Card
- Snacks
- American Bus Ticket for transport once I arrive



Is there anything I have forgotten? What is a must for you to take abroad? 

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Best to take small Bag with just basics, and come back with Full new big Suitcase with new stuff, just remove packaging from new items so you don't pay Customs Tax;-) 😻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where will you be staying when you go? When I did erasmus I stayed with a family so didn't have to worry about a duvet etc. It was also super hot so mainly packed light summer clothes which take up a lot less room! Aaand it was only for two months haha so packing for me went quite well :P if you can't live without proper decent tea maybe take some teabags, although america will probs have proper tea! In France I couldn't find it! My mam had to post a bag over to me haha xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!