5 things to do with your significant other during the summer!

09:00:00



Hello!

How are you? I hope all is going well.

When you're in university or in school, the summer holidays always seem to go in a flash. One minute, you're sitting in a cosy fort binge watching episodes of Orange is The New Black and the next minute, you're sitting in class all over again. I am definitely an advocate of creating summer bucket lists and planning cool things to do with friends and loved ones and making the absolute most of the time you have away from the lecture halls. As I will be heading away to the States in just under two months, I really feel that I should be spending time and making memories with those I care about the most (while I still have the time)!

Today's post is going to be five little ideas of things you could get up to with your boyfriend, significant other or even a friend this summer. These are the types of things I'd like to get up to with Cathal this year before I jet off!


5 Things to do with your Significant Other during the Summer! 

1. Build a fort and have a movie night there! 

Building a fort with my boyfriend has always been something I have wanted to do with him and I haven't found any reason why we haven't built one in the past! It's just an extremely cute idea in my opinion and it is something the two of you could build together and hang out in afterwards! You could decorate the fort in so many ways. You could hang flashing fairy lights or mini LED lanterns or LED Candles! You could also add some hanging decorations or bunting if you wanted to, whatever you think makes the fort look pretty! Afterwards, all you would need is a laptop, Netflix and a movie of your choice. You could also prepare lots of tasty snacks together! There are absolutely tonnes of recipes speckled throughout both Pinterest and YouTube!


2.  Travel Together

I personally believe that travel is twice as enjoyable when it's done with somebody you really love spending time with. As the saying goes, "You can't choose your family but you can choose your friends". Travelling with your family can become very tiresome sometimes and I often would end up getting into an argument with my brothers or something! As well as that, travelling can allow you to get closer with your significant other and bond as well as explore and discover a variety of different things. You don't even have to hop on a plane, why not take a bus with your partner to somewhere you've never visited before?


3. Go out for a nice Meal

I for one am definitely a foodie and I absolutely love going out to places and eating out for dinner. There is no reason not to share this very joy with your significant other. Why not take them out for a classy meal and have some quality time together as well as quality food? This is the kind of thing that I feel is a nice send off if you two aren't going to see each other for a long time. I hope to go out for a meal with Cathal before I head to the States!


4.  Get out and do some sort of physical activity together

Go hill walking, head to the pool or hop on a bike and go cycling together. Often during the year it can be difficult to get out, grab some fresh air and enjoy the great outdoors with someone you love. The summer is the absolute ideal time to get out and do some kind of physical activity together as the days become longer, the weather becomes warmer and usually, you can spare the time!


5.  Try something new!

Summer is the perfect time to do some experimentation and try something new with your partner! Whether it's delving into a new type of cuisine, diving from the sky together or travelling to a new place together for the first time, trying something completely new with your partner will definitely make you feel ecstatic!



What would you like to do with your significant other this summer?
Be sure to let me know in the comments and give people ideas!

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is such a good list! You've definitely made me so desperate to have a fort movie night with my boyfriend, they're so fun. It was lovely taking to you during the #askabloggerchat. Chloe x

    http://www.yourschloe.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely post idea, I will incorporate these ideas when I next see my BF for sure! I love taking long walks and so does he, it's a lovely opportunity to talk and have a laugh, let's hope for some sunny weather so that we can enjoy the countryside properly!

    Abbey 💓 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend is staying with his family atm but will be moving in with me and my parents soon eek! After graduation anyway :) we have plans to try out food places in my hometown, and to go for bike rides together in the countryside :) he's such a city boy haha <3

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!