9 Things I want do in America!

09:00:00



Hey guys!

As most of you already know, I am heading to the States at the end of the summer for four months to spend a period studying in Purdue University. America, I imagine is extremely different to Ireland, the place with the cultures and ways I am accustomed to. I will be experiencing the life of a place that is completely foreign to me. I thought that I may as well make the most of it and make a list of things I would like to do while I am there. I have already written about places I want to go to there, so now I thought it was about time that I wrote about some of the experiences I wanted to have in America.


1. Visit new places 

Having never left Europe in my life, my curiosity will get the better of me and I'd like to explore some of the greatest cities of America. In an earlier blog post, I stated that I would like to visit four different places in America. I would love to head to the Windy City as well as the Big Apple. There is so much to see and do in these places that I would regret it if I passed the opportunity to visit.


2. Go to Walmart and Target

One of the things I think of when I think of going to America is Walmart and Target. When I watch American's youtube videos and read American blogs, I always hear about these stores. Walmart I imagine is a massive department store and Target is a place for bargains. There is no doubt in my mind that I'll be giving these places a visit.


3. Go to Micheals 

A lot of people jabber on about the crafts available in Micheals. I would love to see what crafts are there and possibly do a few craft projects.


4. Go to a Pool Party

When I first considered studying in America, I was told that students had a lot of pool parties. I would love to go to one. It seems like a great way to mingle and make new friends.


5.  Attend a Football Game 

A big part of American culture is the football, so it is a must that I attend a college team match in Purdue. I am not the biggest fan of sports, but I think it would be interesting to attend a game!


6.  Visit Bath and Body Works 

As a lush addict, it is only natural that I'd want to explore Bath and Body Works. I wonder if they sell bath bombs like Lush. I know that they offer a great range of candles which would be cool to explore. I love a good Yankee candle. I am sure I'd like the candles here just as much.


7. Visit Sephora 

A lot of beauty lovers in America go to Sephora. They can get a lot of different brands that I don't believe are available here in Ireland. It would definitely be cool to see what kinds of products are available there as opposed to the Make up available in places like Debenhams and Brown Thomas.


8. Eat at Chipotle

If there is a place I'd like to try to eat it is definitely Chipotle. I absolutely love burritos and the larger American portions would probably keep me full for the day!

9. Have a trip to Disneyland 
Although I have been to Euro Disney, It occurs to me that most things in America are bigger and better. I would definitely love to go to a Disneyland park with a group of friends. It would be so much fun!



What things do you think I should get up to in America?

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Congrats on getting to study at Purdue! Purdue is a great school! As an American myself, I can speak to some of the things on your list. As far as places you want to see, I would suggest also checking out some lesser known areas such as Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland. They're also in the same region as New York so it wouldn't be that hard to get to them and they all have such gorgeous towns. As far as Walmart & Target, you're right about Walmart being massive but target doesn't have better bargains than Walmart. That's mainly the reason why Walmart is so popular, because you can buy just about anything there for dirt cheap. I avoid going there a lot if I'm going grocery shopping because it's so big and I hate have to walk such a long distance in the store just to pick up a few items. Target is great because while they aren't as affordable as Walmart they still have better deals as far as quality items. Most of walmarts products are poor quality. Except for they're candles, I love them! I do love Michaels as well, but I'm pretty sure y'all might have something already similar to that in Ireland. Hobby craft..... Isn't that one of y'alls? Bath and body works doesn't sell bath bombs, only lotions and candles and shower stuff. I wish they did though because I love lush bath bombs! Chipotle is highly overrated in my opinion so don't set your expectations too high. I would recommend going to a Mexican restaurant in Indiana that is lesser known because they usually have the best Mexican food. As far as Disneyland, if you're looking to go there, that's on the other side of the country in California. I've never been there but I have been to Disney world which is in Orlando fl and it's much bigger than Disneyland! It's around 25,000 acres and it's about the size of San Francisco and twice the size of Manhattan so it's huge! You have to take a bus around Disney World just to get to each park because of how big it is. I hope you enjoy your time here and I can't wait to read about how your trip went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!
    Channing pretty much summed everything up quite nicely. I was going to tell you the same things. x) hahaha
    Chipotle is pretty nasty; I'd rather go to a food truck (preferably owned by Hispanics) because it really makes a difference. :9
    Hope you have fun here in the states!

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see one of Bunny (grav3yardgirl)'s thrift store hauls, I want to visit an American thrift shop! I'd also really love to try Chipotle and In 'N Out - this just comes from watching YouTube vloggers from the states. Trisha Paytas and Julien Solomita are two of my faves! Enjoy your trip x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for foreign super markets, just seeing food that you can't get in the UK really is exciting hahaha!

    www.omfgwinnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm off to study in America myself at the end of the year! I'll be in North Carolina too so not that far away, haha. 😁 It's all super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all really american things! I guess I don't realize how American these things are since this is normal! You should also visit some landmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love walking around the supermarkets like Walmart & Target when I'm in the US! Just looking at the different food that we don't get as well as other products can be entertaining. You'll love bath & body works, I spent a fortune there! The candles smell lovely and they have so many different scents for everything that you could spend a whole day in there! Have the best time!

    http://www.livinginagoldenafternoon.net/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!