10 Uses for Avocados!09:00:00
Ah the avocado, one of the most talked about fruits since 2014. Full of all those healthy fats as well as having a creamy consistency, it is really a fruit that is an excellent addition to the diet. There are so many ways in which you can use the avocado so I decided that I would share ten different ways you could use it in this post! I hope you enjoy!
1. Make Guacamole - Unless you live under a rock then you'll probably be aware that the avocado is the primary ingredient for making guacamole!
2. Add it to a smoothie - Avocados make smoothies so damn creamy! They are a very good substitute for yoghurt for vegans!
3. Make a salad - Chop your avocado and other fruit and veggies and make it into a garden salad of your liking!
4. Spread it on toast - Avocado is very very spreadable and makes a perfect spread for toast!
5. Add it as a secret ingredient in brownies - I have seen tonnes of recipes on the net that include the secret ingredient (the avocado). Do a quick google of "Avocado brownies" and you will find yourself a healthier brownie recipe that is just as delicious!
6. Eat it plain - Sometimes the best thing to do with a food is to eat it plain. I have often cut up an avocado and eaten it plain on the side of my dinner.
7. Add it to a sandwich - An avocado is a great sandwich filler. This week I had a sandwich with avocado, tomato, cheese and tuna. The cheese was melted and it was amazing!
8. Make an avocado sauce for your pasta - I finally bit the bullet and tried an avocado sauce with my pasta. It was so good and something different from my regular tomato sauce.
9. Place it on a rice cake - I've never done this but if you can put it on bread why can't you put it on a rice cake?
10. Create your own avocado recipe - There are so many uses for avocados. Why not incorporate it into a recipe you love!
How do you eat your avocados?