How to start going to the gym and stick to it!

09:00:00



Hello lovelies,

I hope you're all doing well! What have you guys been up to? Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know.

If some of you follow me on twitter , you may often catch me talking about my gym sessions which I do three times a week! It seems like it was only yesterday that I was the kind of girl who would never want to participate in P.E class in school and would always come up with some excuse as to why I forgot gear each week. Admittedly, I have turned my life around and it's hard to imagine not going to the gym.

People can find it difficult to start going to the gym. The first day is tough, you might push yourself too hard and feel embarrassed using machines you have never used before in the gym. The gym is a place for body types of all shapes and sizes and most people are too fixated on their own progress to even notice that you're dripping sweat. I thought that I would share some of tips for those sceptics who are reluctant to get into a firm gym routine!

How to start going to the gym and stick to it! 


1. Go with a friend - 
One of the first times I went to the gym, I attended with a friend. If you're a tad apprehensive about going try to find a gym buddy to go with or go with one of your friends who already attends the gym. Going with friends can not only be a lot of fun but if they know more about some of the equipment than you, you'd definitely feel a lot more comfortable asking them how to use machines you're not too sure about. 

2. Start Slow - 
As the saying goes "Rome wasn't built in a day", so there is no reason to expect to see results immediately. You're not going to be able to lift the heaviest weights or run the furthest distance. You need to start slow and as you go on you'll build up your fitness and see results.

3. Mix it up -
One of the greatest pieces of advice I can say to you is to mix up your routine. If you keep doing the same thing every single day, you'll feel like you're not progressing anymore because you've become too accustomed to it. It's a very good idea to mix things up a bit, try new machines every tune you go to the gym and mix up the order in which you use the machines to avoid boredom. When I first started going, I challenged myself to try one or two new machines each gym trip!

4. Tick it off -
Having a to-do list and ticking what you've completed in the day is extremely satisfying. I highly recommend doing this as I feel so much better in myself when I tick off that final gym session of the week!

5. Do it in the morning - 
I never dread going to the gym now, but I definitely used to. On your dedicated gym days, try to do your sessions in the morning so you can forget about it for the rest of the day. I have two eleven o clock starts so it's super easy to find a time early in the day to do my sessions.

6. Treat yourself - 
I am a firm believer of grabbing your cake and eating it. As long as you've done your workout or gym session, I think that everyone is entitled to treat themselves. Buy yourself a treat, watch a movie night or pamper yourself with a lush bath bomb. Show yourself that you earned it! 


Do you go to the gym?
 What tips would you give people to stick at it? 

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. These are brilliant tips! I need to start going to the gym again, I just can't bring myself to haha! I'm going to make sure I follow these!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, so so good ;)

    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: BLUE TRENCH + BLACK + CAMEL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to this! I was never the biggest fan of PE at school, but now can't see my life without gym sessions. It's the perfect release after work and I feel so good afterwards - love this post! :D

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!