My blogging routine!

09:00:00



Hello lovelies,

I have finally managed to get a bit more on top of my blog this semester than last, which I am extremely happy about! One day in January I was just refreshed and was bursting with ideas of posts I could write. Inspiration can be like that. One minute you're stuck on what to write, the next minute you can't stop writing. I have really seemed to get into a routine since January which has really made blogging an efficient process for me. So, I thought I would share my whole routine with you, in case there are some of you struggling with your own blog. I really hope this is a helpful one!

My routine is really a process consisting of several steps; generating ideas, taking photographs, writing posts, scheduling posts, tweets and facebook updates, self-promotion on social media and interaction on other blogs. It really isn't as easy as clicking the publish button. If you want people to read your content, then you must be prepared to put in the work.


Generating ideas
Sometimes ideas come naturally to me and other times I am stuck in a rut. My main piece of advice for coming up with ideas is to do so when you're feeling buzzed and inspired. I personally keep a notebook where I write down titles of posts in my head. If you are a far more detailed person than I am, you could write down what you want to include in the post. Normally, I write down a title and I write bullet points as I am writing the post.


It is perfectly okay to use other blogs as inspiration. However, there is a line between inspiration and plagiarism. Make sure that what you are writing is completely unique. For example, if someone was writing a post on how to get more vegetables in your diet you could write the same post but about fruit or chicken or whatever you wanted I guess!



Taking photographs

Photographs are one of the most integral parts of a blog in my opinion. As the saying goes "a picture tells a thousand words". I used to not include pictures with every post, but now I do. They make a post look far more attractive. Most of the time, I like to take my own photographs, but it is okay to use some from the internet. As long as you provide a source it is okay to use a picture from the internet. Always use a source because there is a possibility of being prosecuted for plagiarism if you do not!

I cannot tell you how to take a good picture. I am not a professional photographer. I just capture what I think looks good. However, I wrote a post last month about things you can use as backgrounds and props for photographs which may help to enhance your photos!

A camera isn't totally necessary for photo taking. In fact, I have been using my iPhone 6 pretty often as I feel the camera is pretty crisp and clear!


Writing posts
I write posts whenever I can find the time. I usually like to do it in bulk. I often get a bit stressed out if I don't have a certain number of posts prepared for the month! College life can be pretty hectic so usually, I leave it to the weekends to write a post.


I don't feel like there is a way to teach somebody to be a good writer, but I definitely do have some tips on how to make your writing a bit better than it previously was. You could type your post into Microsoft word documents and perform a spell check to ensure your spelling and grammar is up to scratch! My roommate who has constant assignments under her belt; advised me to use an application called Grammarly. I took her advice and I really have to recommend it. Not only does it correct spelling, punctuation and grammar; but it also tells you when you've repeated words. Repetition really doesn't make your writing flow and when you use alternative words, you sound far more eloquent!

Scheduling  and Self-promotion 

The fact that bloggers can now schedule their blog posts and tweets in advance has really helped many of us stay on top of our blogs and provide more content than ever before! It is super easy to schedule on Blogger! When writing a post, you simply click on the schedule button in the sidebar to the right! You can also change your permalink and add labels in this location. Normally I store all the information I need about my posts that are scheduled in an excel sheet so that I know when my posts are supposed to be published.

To schedule tweets, I use an app called "Buffer app". The handy thing about this app is that it can be used on a laptop or a computer which I find is so much handier for scheduling tweets. I set a reminder on my phone every day to remind myself that I need to schedule tweets that advertise and promote my blog on a daily basis. I usually publish a tweet every three hours from the hours of 9am until 6pm. I think that is sufficient as you don't want to come across as preachy and annoying, but you don't want to be forgotten at the same time!

Another thing I use to self-promote is blogging groups. I am a member of Her Campus blogging network on facebook. Every day they allow their members to share their most recent post on a thread. It is a really fun way of discovering new blogs also!




Interaction 

Interaction is probably one of the most important things to do if you want people to read your blog or if you want to make some friends in the blogging network. I usually interact by visiting and commenting on other blogs. However, there are various of other ways you can interact, You can interact on social media platforms such as Instagram or get involved in blogger chats on twitter. You can even join blogging networks. The Girl Gang group, founded by Jemma of the blog Dork Face has been a group that has had a very big impact on me.



Is your blogging routine similar to mine? Have you any tips to make blogging a more efficient process?

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. So interesting, good tips ;)

    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: CASUAL STYLE FOR A NON-STOP DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for recommending Grammarly! It is in fact something I needed for so long, lol. I do use Microsoft Word for checking any mistakes, but this application seems to be a lot more useful and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using it for assignments and find it handy!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!