4 Reasons I won't follow you on Instagram!

09:00:00




Hey lovely people of the universe,

In case the message isn't clear enough from my abundance of Instagram related posts, I'd just like you to know that I have an Instagram addiction and that I am far beyond the stage of needing help by now. I share monthly photos I have been sharing that month on my account i.e My Insta Month, Instagram accounts I love and even hacks on how to enhance your own account on my blog. The Instagram Obsession is probably a typical stereotype labelled on us bloggers, and there is possibly a bit of truth behind it. I mean, who doesn't love Instagram? It's full of inspiration and you can share your creations and life events on it too! For today's post I wanted to write something Instagram related but something that isn't seen too much (I don't think I've seen it at all) in the blogosphere. So instead of showing you how I edit my Instagram pictures like ten other bloggers probably have this week, I thought that instead I would tell you what personally puts me off following an Instagram page. I hope that this will help any of you that are struggling to build followers on the platform.

Reasons I won't follow you on Instagram
1, Your profile is on Private - When I decide to follow someone on Instagram, I like to follow somebody who I have common interests with or somebody who posts quality images and can inspire me. Due to this, I always wish to see a preview or a sample of the images the Instagrammers share. If you follow someone who has a private profile they'll vanish into masses of other profiles that people have been browsing throughout the day and will probably be forgotten about. If your profile is purely personal, I totally understand why you'd want to be secretive about your profile. However if you are using your profile to grow followers from around the globe, I'm sure people would prefer to follow public profiles.


2. Your profile has Snap Chat Pictures - Not following people because they have masses of snap chat photographs lingering on their profiles is probably a bit finicky of me, but I'll be honest, I think it makes an account look a little bit tacky. I'm really passionate about following people with nice photographs of great quality that prompt inspiration. I don't care about that selfie of you with the caption "I'm sooooooooo drunk".


3. Follow for Follow? - One of the most annoying comments I sometimes receive on both my Instagram are undoubtedly the "follow for follow" comments. I feel like these comments are 1. Pretty selfish. Clearly the person is trying to get a follow and won't bother following you back and won't even be loyal. 2. It's unoriginal. I always try to make the effort to check out the feed of the people who are liking my photos and normally this will cause a lot of interaction to happen on my profile.


4. I don't particularly enjoy your content - Something I am trying to value more in recent times is integrity and staying true to myself. That is precisely why I want to follow accounts of people who share my interests and share similar content to myself. I do like to follow fellow bloggers who for the most part have similar interests to myself, but if I don't get anything from your content I don't see the point in following you. If you're trying to build followers try to follow those who share similar pictures to you. It's not hard to do if you use hashtags in your posts.


Why won't you follow people on Instagram?

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. These are exactly the reasons I don't follow people on IG. Also, if all their posts are photos of their children...

    Holly ∣ Closingwinter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel like people who have kids talk about and share pictures of them all the time which can come across as annoying to some people. I don't know if I'd share pictures of my kids if I have them when I am older.

      Delete
  2. Same as you and Holly; the reasons are mutual. :)
    I just try to find Instagramers that post really nice photos as well with things that spark my interest.

    International GiveawayFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMg ! Picture of kids drive me crazy. Also I don't really agree with putting pictures of kids and babies for the world to see...Did they asked their permission? Obviously not .With all the perv around I would never put my kid on Instagram or any other social platforms.

      http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  3. totally agree ! I hate the 'follow for follow' drive me insane. when I first started blogging I have to admit I would stupidly follow people who used to leave me on my blog the 'follow for follow comment' as I wanted to build up followers but I was so wrong as most of them never follow back. Don't worry I know now I do not even bother looking at their blog and obviously I don't follow them either. I guess I learned from my mistakes. I also follow people who have same interest as me and that don't just put selfie ...I deleted few people lately as all their where doing its the 'duck face selfie' like my feed would be polluted with their faces...I found it so lame ...and BORING! Also I don't know you but I don't follow people with over 1K of followers as they never comment back,never follow etc. Most of the people that I follow have between 10 to 8000 followers but not more as at least I can interact with them. Great post!

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you liked my post Marie! I only follow those people with ridiculous followers if I really like their stuff. Theres a lot of fashion pages like that. I think when people have selfies all over their instagram it comes off as a bit self obsessed and vain.

      Ellen,
      http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

      Delete
  4. Totally agree with you on all of these things - especially the snapchat pictures. I don't know why, but something about them bugs me greatly! I just like clean, crisp photography I guess. ;o

    Franzi. x // [http://franzizzy.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need people to have nice looking IG!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They really annoy me too! You're not alone!

      Delete
  6. Great post idea! I completely agree with all 4 of your reasons, especially when it comes to Snapchat shots!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post :) I really hate snapchat photos on IG!

      Delete
  7. I honestly don't get private Instagram accounts or the ones that often delete most of their content! Is there something so good or so bad that the person would rather keep hidden? I mean, come one, be open and honest at least on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you! x

    https://asparklingjourney.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!