Winter Make Up Essentials!

14:54:00




 Hello lovelies!

Although beauty and fashion are in the description of my blog, I have failed to supply a lot of beauty and fashion posts recently. I haven't bought any new beauty products in such a long while that is has been difficult to generate ideas on what to write about. So, I sat down and thought about what I could write and came up with the idea to share my recommended and most loved products over the autumn and winter months. Although Christmas has been and gone for ages now, it is still evidently winter. The trees are lifeless, lacking leaves and colours, it is necessary to wear a warm cosy jacket and scarving when going outside and it isn't even February yet! Most prefer flaunting their plum and berry lips in the colder months, so there is still time to use all that make up of yours that isn't utilised in the spring and summer months.



For today's post, I decided to write about five products; three lipsticks and two eye shadow palettes. I think one can get away with using the same foundation, powders, blushers and bronzers for most of the year. But for some reason, that is not the case with lipsticks and eyeshadows. My beloved Rimmel London 107 has been missing from my stash for awhile and would have been included if I could find it. For now though, these are my recommendations for the types of make up you could wear for the remainder of the Winter Months! 


 Lipsticks!

Rimmel London Lasting Finish in 48 - This is a brown neutral shade which was actually brought out towards the end of Summer 2015 by Rimmel London. Like all Rimmel lip products, this has very good colour pay off and I just think it suits me very well. I've found myself wearing this even more than a festive red this season.

Rimmel London Lasting Finish in 30 - This product is quite similar to the famous 107 lipstick, just a slightly different undertone but still gives the same dark red effect.

Revlon Lipstick in Black Cherry - This is the darkest of all the lipsticks I own, a very berry shade. It comes out a very dark colour but could have better staying power. It is a very good dupe for Charlotte Tilbury's glaston berry!




Eyeshadow Palettes

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette - Every Tom, Dick and Harry (at least in the beauty world) has a Naked Palette and we all know that they are going to be fantastic quality. What I like about this palette as opposed to the others is that there isn't one set theme to it and it is probably the most versatile and unique of the palettes. The original Naked Palette has a warm toned theme with a mixture of brown and gold tones, the Naked 2 has more of a cool tone to it and the 3rd palette is more on the romantic side of things. This palette not only has a variety of different colours but many different finishes too. I love that you can do a sultry brown look or incorporate purple to a smoky look. Or you could go for a more innocent look and use the lighter pink colours in the palette. I'd definitely recommend this one if you have your eyes on a new palette. 

Make Up Revolution Iconic Pro Palette - One of Make Up Revolution's dupes for the Lorac Pro palette, this baby has a great selection of matte eyeshadows and shimmers which are perfect for any winter look. I love the variety of dark eyeshadows which I tend to lean more towards during the colder months. The price is also extremely reasonable for what you're getting with this one!




What are your favourite make up products to wear in the winter months? And when will you be switching your winter make up routine to a spring make up routine? 

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Such a lovely collection of products! 107, 48 & black cherry are all top favourite lipsticks of mine too! :D

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely makeup! I love those shades of lipsticks :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lipsticks are gorgeous, great post girl loved reading it!

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!