The life of an Erasmus student #4 Other people's experiences 1 : Ashley in Holland!

09:00:00



Hey lovelies,

I hope you are all well. Today's addition to my Erasmus series is something a little different to what I have been sharing already! I thought it would be a great idea to ask a few people to discuss their experiences abroad. So I thought I would share some of these experiences each week or even every fortnight from different people. It is so nice to hear about other people's experiences and really inspires you to make the transition yourself.

The first person's experience I will be sharing with you is Ashley's experience in Amsterdam in Holland (so not jealous!) Ashley is a newly graduated student from Hofstra University in New York, She has a lifestyle blog which you should definitely check out : http://ashleymungiguerra.com/ I asked a few questions which I thought would be extremely useful to those of you wanting to study abroad, and would allow us to get some insights about the whole Erasmus experience.
What is your name? Ashley Mungiguerra
What age are you? 21
Where did you go on your exchange abroad? University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Why did you choose that place? My home university, Hofstra University in New York, has an exchange program with UvA. Dutch students attend Hofstra every semester and Hofstra students go to UvA. I also was able to have free tuition for a semester by going to Amsterdam with our scholarship exchange program.
What did you study abroad? I was in the Humanities Program, and I also took classes in Social Sciences. In America I majored in Journalism and Political Science with a minor in French and a minor in European Studies.

From your experience abroad, what do you feel is an aspect of the whole experience that benefitted you the most? I loved living in the city center of Amsterdam; it made it easy to bike around and see all of the sights as well as feeling like a local. I spent a lot of time in local cafes with mostly other Dutch people, and I tried to avoid tourist traps and instead experience the Amsterdam that Amsterdammers know and love.

What is your biggest regret about the exchange (If any at all)? I regret not writing in a diary every day. I blogged, but that mostly recorded highlights of my weekend trips. I wish I had written down how I felt when biking along the canals or days when I was homesick or days when I loved Amsterdam more than anything.

What advice would you give to those who are going or planning on going to study abroad? Try to do local things! Yes, see all of the major tourist sites in your city, but make sure that you also experience the ‘real’ city. Make friends with locals and figure out what they love about their hometown.




Have you been on Erasmus? If so, feel free to email me at ellensmith813@gmail.com to get your experience published on my blog! 

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is so cute! I have always wanted to study abroad as well especially in Europe.xx

    http://wildfirecharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Amsterdam - I've no doubt that it would be such an amazing place to live. It sounds like Ashley had a great time and really made the most of it!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been on Erasmus but my friends have and they love it! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This information really worth saying, i think you are master of the content and thank you so much sharing that valuable information and get new skills after refer that post.
    Study in USA Consultants in Chennai
    Overseas Education Consultants in Chennai
    Australia education Consultants in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!