The life of an Erasmus student #3 Preparing for the interview

09:00:00

Hello lovelies,

I hope you are all well and that some of you are finding this series somewhat useful. I promise that it'll get more interesting in the future. Once I am in America (fingers crossed) in about nine months, I'll have things like weekly reflects on my time there etc. It is still a long time away, so a lot of the updates to this series will initially be more dull and tedious, but hopefully helpful!

The 12th of January is the day of my interview, the defining determinant of whether or not I get a place in the University of Purdue or Kansas State University. So I thought that an appropriate addition to the series would be the preparation for the interview, assuming your college bases your place on the interview process.

The first piece of advice I would give is to dress to impress. Although our interview has been described to us as a "casual interview", I feel that you will stand out a lot more if you look nice. I'm not saying to wear a blazer and a pencil skirt like you would to any job interview, but wear some stylish jeans and a nice top rather than tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie. I will most definitely be putting a big effort into my appearance that day, after all, I will be in the presence of both the dean of Agriculture in UCD and my course coordinator.

Next I would advise that you research your university fairly thoroughly! You need to demonstrate that you are a suitable candidate for the university. I will be entering the interview with the knowledge that Purdue University is in the state of Indiana and located in close proximity to the town of West Lafayette. It wouldn't be a bad idea to research clubs and societies that interest you as well as the cost of the college's accommodation etc. to ensure that attending the college is in your financial resources.

Finally, I would advise you relax. Interviews are definitely not situations I am the most comfortable with. Even having a few moments to take a few breaths or momentarily before the interview will not do a bit of harm. Remember at the end of the day, the college wants to send you out to study abroad so relax, be positive and look ahead!


What tips do you have for going through an interview?

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Some really great advice!
    Good Luck with your interview. :)

    Kat
    The Mouse Chick Blog ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your interview, 3 of my friends have been on the Erasmus placement too! :) xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!