January Insta Month

09:00:00




Hey lovelies,

I hope that you are all well. As I do on a monthly basis, today I am sharing my photos from Instagram and summarising the month of January with you. I hope you enjoy! If you would like to follow my Instagram account click here! 

January has been dull, dreary and miserable, as well as unproductive for the most part!.
 Although, I did manage to get into a mighty fine blogging routine again. I feel like I was struggling by the time we hit November! I am hoping my organisation continues and that I can keep providing content. I am always trying to come up with new posts to share with you all. I keep my ideas in my nifty notebook and in files online.

Weather wise, January was miserable also. I haven't managed to get a lot of activities outdoors done. I managed to get pictures for one OOTD post which is a bit pathetic to be honest with you. Perfect activities for this month are definitely those indoors for example; reading, blogging and watching movies. I got really into reading lately, and I am hoping to keep it up. I completed "The Danish Girl" based on Lilli Elbe's true story. It was such a good read, I highly recommend it. I am also reading a factual book at the moment about Einstein's theory of relativity. I've been finding it tricky to read through it quickly. I watched the movie of "The Danish Girl" more recently and found myself disappointed as I had expected so much more from the film.I, however, had a small obsession with how pretty Alicia Vickander (who played Einar's wife in the film) was!

One of the most prominent occurrences of the month was that I had my interview for our Erasmus placement. I came up to Dublin a few days before my interview to have a bit of time to myself. I spent time shopping in town and had lunch with my boyfriend Cathal. I actually had a terrible experience where I was followed by somebody haggling for money (luckily I got away). The interview went so well for me. I seemed to be in the room for ages on a tangent. I felt like I was talking so much that my tongue nearly fell off. I really needed water by the end of our conversation. I should know shortly about whether or not I have received a place in one of my chosen universities in America.

On twitter, I reached an extremely memorable milestone. I got to 500 followers. That is half of 1,000, and if you add all the people on all my social media platforms there are over 1,000 people following me and potentially that many who can see my blog. I really feel like 2016 is going to be the year for my blog to grow. I feel like I am starting to progress somewhat faster than I used to. I set up a giveaway to demonstrate my gratitude for the support. If you'd like to enter; click here!

On Monday the 25th, I returned to college. I was anticipating this moment for a long time as 6 weeks is far too long for the Christmas holidays. I get far too bored with myself and feel like I have absolutely no purpose in my life. On Monday night, some of the lads came over and had some drinks. I ended up getting tipsy fairly quickly. I haven't had a drink in so long, I guess my tolerance has gone down again.  On Wednesday, we were given our results from our Christmas exams. I was pleasantly surprised with my results to be honest. There were two exams that I thought I barely passed and ended up getting high Cs in them and I was given 3 A+s and 1 A grade in statistics. This has really made my grade point average soar up which makes the chances of me getting a place in the University of Purdue in Indiana all the more likely!

On Wednesday evening, my boyfriend Cathal came over for the night. He normally can't stay the night because my roommate is always around the house. We took full advantage of the fact she wasn't around and had a tight sleep in my single bed! We ordered an Apache Pizza and Garlic bread together as I had promised him I'd buy him take out on a coupon I gave him for Christmas.

Thursday and Friday were fairly relaxed days. I intend on having a nice chilled out weekend and I am looking forward to what February will entail!


What have you been up to this month??? 






You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Ooh this reminds me I need to do my January #Instamonth!

    Lovely photos, and sounds like a peaceful, if dreary month. Well done on your interview - I think talking lots is a great sign! Good luck, can't wait to hear if you've got a place, I'm sure you will :D xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Instamonths! I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for yours.
      So happy you like my pictures. I am sure if I get a place I will be singing with pride on twitter. I'll probably end up writing a post on it also! :)

      Ellen,
      http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

      Delete
  2. Lovely snaps dear! :) Have a great weekend!

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your feed hence why I am following you :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pictures! :) I'm your new follower on Instagram :D

    Rakel ♥ www.alovelystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on hitting 500 followers lovely - here's to many more xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!