DIY Bunting inspired by adult colouring books!

09:00:00


Hey lovely people,

I hope you are all doing well. Today I am writing a DIY post for you all. I love arts and crafts but sometimes it can be hard to come up with ideas on stuff to make. However, when the power had gone out in my house, I came up with a rather cool idea for a little project that is easy, affordable and cute; three of my favourite things in an art and craft project. My roommate and I in college. both agreed that we needed to make our place feel a bit more like a home so I will most definitely be bringing it up to my place in Dublin.

The project is a bunting that is inspired by adult colouring books, specifically designs in the book "Keep Calm and colour for mums". But you can apply any design to the project.

You will need;
 A colouring book, A printer and paper (optional), glue, tape, stapler, markers, card and twine.




I feel like it is almost pointless to show you this DIY as it is so easy. You basically colour in a few artistic designs from a book, cut them out, stick them on some card and staple the card to the twine. If you don't want to cut out your designs from the book you can print them out a few times from the printer. It allows the bunting to look a bit more uniform.

Here are some of the designs I have recently coloured in and used on my bunting. If you want to be more accurate, you can measure where you are putting your bunting. I freestyled the whole process.










If your colouring book doesn't have small designs that I was working with, you could simply just cut your design either into uniform triangles or the shapes they are in the picture. The aim is to brighten your room with a bit of fluorescent colour!




The end result is a really cute bunting that you can hang on a window.

Really hope you liked this DIY idea and more will be coming soon :) 

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I love them too! Working on another DIY based on colouring books. :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute DIY - would love to try this for our rooms :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually a super cute idea! I know my daughter would love doing this too! :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so easy too and makes the room a bit more vibrant. Let me know if you get around to doing it :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!