Things that do not work in Exams.

20:31:00


Hello Lovelies,

I hope you are all doing well. I am truly exhausted, been in Uni for ten hours today. I had a meeting with the French Society, lectures from 9 until 3 and free time to study for exams in between the hours of 3 and 6. In light of exam week, I thought I'd do a little post that might help people. Last year I wrote a post about the different methods of study (read it here). This year I thought I would focus on the complete opposite, things that don't work during exams.

Sometimes exams don't go according to plan, even if you have worked your ass off. It has happened to me before and I am sure it has happened to others too. The important thing is that you realise what went wrong and learn from it so you don't make that same mistake again! So without further ado I am going to share a few of my tips on what you should probably avoid doing in exams.

Don't Cheat - This is without a doubt the most important one. Not only is it dishonest, but it is also unfair on the other candidates. The chances of you being caught is higher than you'd expect and something like that could damage your reputation, especially in a university.


Don't Rush - Rushing through an exam is something you probably shouldn't do and it is something I used to do far too frequently. I came out of my Irish Exam 1 hour earlier for my Uni summer exams, and despite coming out with an A, I am definitely sure that there were a few mistakes made foolishly. If you take your time you are less likely to make those mistakes.


Don't focus too much on the details - Excessive focus on the details and the material you need to know for the exam often becomes counter-productive. There are times when you can study so much where nothing goes in and you don't learn anything. Sometimes you need to let loose a little, relax and forget about exams for a bit.


Don''t Compare - Comparing my results to others is something that always made me feel shitty about myself, especially if I worked very hard for an exam. Realistically you don't know what the other person has been up to. Often it is those who claim they are doing nothing are the ones who are studying behind closed doors. It is nothing to be ashamed of. There is no reason to hide it.


Don't Panic - I have been prone to panic in exam situations, usually if they are timed or negatively marked. But when they are both, the red panic alarm in my head buzzes and I freak out. If at all possible, I would try to avoid this. Panic leads to lack of concentration as well as the urge to rush through the exam which will lead to silly mistakes.


Is there anything else you think you shouldn't do in an exam situation?
Good luck in your midterms.

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Perfect tips Ellen!!!!!
    Have a nice day!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice! You should always check you work over and over again till it's taken it! It is priceless to do! :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!