My Progress in the Gym!

09:00:00

.



Hello lovelies,

I hope you are all doing well.

I said a while ago that I wanted to incorporate an aspect of health and fitness on my blog. But, I am most certainly no sports expert! I am not as fit as a fiddle to say the least. When we came back to university, I really wanted to change that and I made the decision to join the UCD gym at long last. It is free, so even if you end up not going no harm is done. I had an aim to attend three times a week, for sessions I felt were long enough for me personally.

Six weeks later, I am still going to the gym and I am actually enjoying it. I really thought I'd be a lot more self conscious about my body. People might point at me for being small and skinny and might question my need to go to the gym. Something I have definitely noticed while being at the gym is that it is for all shapes and sizes!!! Nobody is going to notice you running on the treadmill or lifting weights because they are all occupied with getting the most out of the time they have in the gym. Some people go to get more toned, to get fitter or to lose weight. Nobody will question your motives so there is no need to feel embarrassed at the gym.

The first couple of times I went with my friend Caroline, but since then I have gone by myself for the most part. If you are feeling a bit apprehensive at first, then definitely go with your friends. They make you feel a bit more at ease.

I was initially scared of lifting weights and doing strength exercises on the strength machines. Now I can't really get off some of those machines! I started by using the bikes, the cross trainer and the treadmill, but over time I started to build up the confidence I needed to try something different such as weights or a strength based machine. I aimed to try a new machine every second time I was at the gym if I felt a bit nervous about it.

Fitness and well being wise, I can really notice a difference. I don't feel as wrecked when I am on some machines as I used to. I generally feel better in myself too! I took a picture of myself when I first went to the gym and five weeks later and I could really notice a difference in my body, it toned up a good bit for just three sessions a week.

Do you go to the gym? Were you apprehensive about it the first time you attended? Let me know your experiences in the comments.


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I started going to the gym over a year ago now, having never been able to keep in up in the past, and I just threw myself in and try and go three times a week - a year later and I'm still going! I just love the gym and the total buzz you get after finishing a workout. I was a little apprehensive when I first went, scared that people would judge me for not knowing that I was doing but I completely agree with what you've said, everyone is so immersed in their own workouts that they don't even give a second glance to other people. I find myself that actually if I am looking at someone else it's because I think they're doing really well and want to steal some moves from then, so if I find someone looking at me I take it as a compliment :) I'm also super jealous of you getting the gym for free!! That's amazing! I luckily get a 20% discount through my employer so that makes it a little better.
    Keep it up! :)
    Nicole xxx
    Life in Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!