What I Ate Wednesday #14 Uni Version!

09:00:00

Hello Lovelies,
I hope your week is going well. :)

It has been awhile since I wrote a What I Ate Wednesday Post. I felt that posting on a weekly basis was a bit repetitive. I thought that I would share a WIAW post now that I am back in Uni as what I eat changes a little bit with the season and when I am not home.

Breakfast 

For breakfast I had porridge, with some blueberries, half a banana, cinnamon, almonds and honey.

Benefits
Porridge is a great source of carbohydrates which provides us with the energy we need for the day. The gluten in the porridge increases its protein content.

Blueberries are filled with antioxidants which help prevent oxidation and prevent cancer.

Bananas have lots of potassium.

Almonds have good fats.


Lunch


For lunch I had a wholemeal pita bread with mackerel, soft cheese (garlic flavour) and sweet corn, a apricot and peach yoghurt, a handful of peanuts and cashew nuts and a banana.


Benefits

Wholemeal pita bread is a source of carbs, provides us with the fuel we need. It also contains the protein gluten.

Mackerel is an oily fish and filled with omega 3 fatty acids.

Yoghurt is high in calcium and will decrease risks of rickets, osteoporosis as well as maintaining a healthy set of teeth. It is also a great source of protein.

Nuts are high in protein and contain good fats.

Dinner


For dinner I had a sweet and sour stir fry. The stir fry included - mixed bell peppers, a red onion, broccoli, chicken and noodles.



Benefits 


Peppers have plenty of vitamins and antioxidants.

Chicken is a very good source of protein and is low in saturated fats.

Noodles are fuel containing carbohydrates.

Broccoli contains a large variety of vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, Iron, Magnesium etc...


Snacks
None

What have you eaten today?

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Again everything looks so good :) I love bananas!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I always have porridge in the colder months :)

      Delete
  3. Stir fry is one of my fave dinners! It's such an easy way to sneak in veggies hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner looks delicious, I love stir fry!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!