Having a room mate!

09:00:00


Source

Hey lovelies,

If I was to be completely honest with you, one of the things I was the most apprehensive about at the start of the academic year was the prospect of sharing a room with another student!

I am lucky enough to have never had to share a room in my life, with the exception of hotel rooms. I have always had my own personal space to sleep in, chill out in and have time to myself in. So sharing a room with someone who I barely knew for a whole year would most definitely be something I had never experienced before in my life.

I am so relieved to say that I am having a particularly good experience having a room mate. I don't really know what I was fretting about. I guess I felt that we would see too much of each other and that I would no longer have any time to myself. In reality, I have not seen my room mate as much as I thought I would. I am an Agriculture student and she is a nursing student so we rarely see each other on campus. If I recall correctly, I have seen her once outside of our house. We spend most of our time chatting in our living area and any time spent in our room is sleeping or getting ready in the morning.

One of the good things about having a room mate is that they can motivate you! Whether it is to get your ass on campus to your lecture or to make a healthy lunch, you can both be supportive of each other's college lifestyle. We also motivate each other to attend the gym and were studying together the other evening!

I am happy that we weren't close friends or knew each other well before opting to get a house together. I have heard so many stories of friends who have lived together and ended up arguing constantly and not being friends by the end of the semester. As we weren't friends beforehand, I have nothing to lose, and only a friendship to gain.

If you are nervous about having a room mate, think about the positives. Not everybody is going to go through your stuff or be messy or snore.  I think it is a really good experience to go through, especially in Uni.

Have you ever had a room mate before and how was your experience?

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Good luck Ellen on your new experience.... LOL!!!
    Btw, I love the bedroom in the pic!
    xo Paola
    Expressyourself
    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post! I loved the picture! <3
    xo Gretel
    http://www.youngetbeautiful.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that this turned out to be a really positive experience for you! I'm not sure if I could actually share a room with somebody because I like knowing I have somewhere to go where nobody is there to bother me aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you ended up with such a great roommate! I'm sharing a house with two other people right now and it's really awesome. We definitely do motivate each other! I've just followed you on twitter :) Lovely post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely amazing! keep up the good work ;)

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pics

    new post:
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you are looking forward to it! I am sure it will be lots of fun :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Positive thinking, we love it! Good luck we are sure it will be a blast :D

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!