Little Things to Add to your Blog.

09:00:00


Hello Lovelies,

I hope you are all well. I am pretty good, excited to go back to Uni at this stage. I have realised that I have almost been away from college for four months. That's too long in my opinion. It has been awhile since I wrote a post which relates to blogging itself so I thought it was about time I contributed once more to the blogging community with my tips on little things you can add to your blog to improve it slightly or make the readers feel a bit more comfortable reading it.

1. Greet Your Readers :   I have to say that most bloggers do this without fail and it is so easy to do. I have found most people begin each post with "Hello Lovelies", "Hello Loves" etc. It is just a nice way to start a post. I used to not greet my readers which I think comes across as a bit cold in my mind. I also like to start my post with a few rhetorical or unanswered questions like "how are you", so that the reader feels involved or engaged at the start of the post. The blogging world is a very friendly place, I don't think each post  should be treated like a newspaper article.

2. Have a signature :  This is something that I didn't do until very recently. I made a signature on pic Monkey of my name and a kiss. I also have it set that it will automatically be in each post from here on. I mainly did this because I found it slightly tedious typing my name and two dozen kisses at the end of each post. I also think that it makes the blog look more professional and personal. 


3. Add Imagery:  As the saying goes "A Picture says a thousand words". Imagery is one of the most important aspects of blogging in my opinion. There is no need to have a flashy camera or be a photographer to add imagery to your blog. I sometimes use tumbr photos because I don't have an appropriate photo for the type of post I am writing. Just make sure to reference the picture from the source so you don't get into any trouble for plagiarism.

4. Have a comment message:   This is something so simple you can do, and something that it personal and engages the readers again. I am not sure about wordpress, but blogger allows you to write a message above the comments section. I think adding a message can enthuse many to comment.


What things do you think add to your blog?

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      I am glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I have never thought of adding a signature to the end of my blog, I might look in to that! I agree it definitely makes a blog look more put together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks cool. :)
      It's a nice idea. I'd love to see a handwritten one :)

      Delete
  3. These are great tips - some that have never even crossed my mind before!
    Time to spend some time experimenting on Picmonkey!

    x

    Small&Blonde ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck. Let me know how you get on :)

      Delete
  4. Such a great post! I wrote to you on email, did you receive it? Josie xO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie. I will check my inbox and respond asap :)

      Delete
  5. such a helpful post :) xx, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tips. I also agree adding a message below the comments adds a nice touch. I use disqus, though, and sadly it doesn't have that feature. Not yet anyway. :) x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Naked Smoky Palette or Anastasia Contour Kit GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips, I'd like to add a signature to the end of my posts because sometimes I forget to sign off!

    catrionaar.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!