What I Ate Wednesday #9

09:00:00

Hey lovelies,

I hope you're all well, it is Wednesday again and if you've been on my blog for the past nine weeks, you'll know that it is time for my "What I Ate Wednesday" post of the week. This week I feel like I didn't eat as healthily as I normally do. This is okay though, I don't deprive myself of bad foods, most of the time I don't eat them because I prefer the taste of healthier foods. But sometimes I have an indulgent day, today was one of those days.

Just putting it out there until they're over that I have one beauty related giveaway here and one fashion related giveaway here so please enter if you're interested!


Breakfast :  For breakfast I had a fruit smoothie which included frozen banana, frozen berries, yoghurt, milk, walnuts, almonds and peanut butter. I also sprinkled some chia seeds on top!

Benefits of the food:
- Nuts like almonds, peanut butter and walnuts are a great source of fibre, protein and essential fats.
 - Milk and Yoghurt are high in Calcium for strong bones and teeth as well as protein.
- Peanut Butter is a great source of healthy fats and protein. According to this article there is an array of advantages to eating peanut butter. It reduces the risk of heart disease and colon disease as well as reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. Read more here!

Bananas are rich in potassium.

- Berries are rich in antioxidants. 



Lunch: We went out for lunch to the forge where I opted for their soup of the day and some bread.

Benefits: This meal provides carbs for energy for the day as well as vitamins and minerals included in the vegetables incorporated in the soup!


Dinner: I whipped up some of my sweet potato veggie burgers and has some beetroot and carrot on the side! It was so yummy and vegetarian!!!

Also if you want a recipe for those burgers, let me know in the comments!

Benefits of the food!
- Sweet potatoes have a variety of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, D, B6 and Iron. Read more benefits on Sweet Potatoes here!

- Carrots are rich in antioxidants and vitamin A which helps with our vision.



Snacks!

Cashew Nuts

Hot Chocolate.


What did you eat today?

Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin




You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. Well the day just started and I'm not feeling too well so I just had some tea and yoghurt for now but all of this does look delicious!

    x- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the odd cup of tea :)
      Thank you :)
      Have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  2. lovely post!
    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I will definitely check your blog out later. :)

      Delete
  3. Mmmm I love cashew nuts - I usually add cashew butter to my protein shakes:) I totally forgot about the existence of soup- yum!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all kinds of nuts to be honest :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so nosey so I love these posts ;) Serious cravings for hot chocolate, cashews and a burger now :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah sorry for giving you those cravings. :)

      Delete
  5. Your breakfast always looks so good! That soup also looks tasty! x

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love soup! This one looks delicious!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweet potato veggie burger looks delicious!!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loooove cashews! And sweet potatoes! And smoothies! I can't wait to be back in my own kitchen with my blender :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When are you coming back Amber?
      Sweet potatoes are so satisfying :)

      Delete
  9. That smoothie looks so delicious! I love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these posts, it's so interesting seeing what other people eat! Your smoothie looks so good and I love the look of the burger!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made a burrito bowl with brown rice, pinto beans, peppers, onions, and sour cream! I am wanting that smoothie now though.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That burito bowl sounds like an absolute dream :)

      Delete
  12. It seems delicious!


    somethingcontemporary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!