What I Ate Wednesday! #8

09:00:00

Hello lovelies,
It is Wednesday again so that means it is time for another addition to my "What I Ate Wednesday" series.

Breakfast 

I was about to go on a jog so for breakfast I had something as a pre-work out snack and I made one for my mum. This is a milkshake which contains Milk, Yoghurt, 2 Bananas, 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, a handful of almonds and a handful of walnuts.

Benefits of the food!
  • Milk and Yoghurt are high in Calcium for strong bones and teeth as well as protein.
  • Peanut Butter is a great source of healthy fats and protein. According to this article there is an array of advantages to eating peanut butter. It reduces the risk of heart disease and colon disease as well as reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. Read more here!
  • Bananas are rich in potassium.

  • Nuts such as Pecans and Almonds are a great source of protein and the good fats, These can be high in calories but be sure to eat small amounts to obtain the benefits. Almonds are high in vitamin E which helps with the appearance of your skin. It is also a great substitute for those who avoid dairy. Nuts can also contain high levels of fibre.

  • Lunch 

    For lunch I had a mix of things, I had a fried chicken sandwich with gluten free bread, potato salad and couscous on the side along with fried tomatoes and fried cucumbers.

    Benefits of the food!


    • Gluten Free bread is a great alternative for those who can't digest gluten.
    • Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin A and are very good for improving vision and eyesight.
    • Chicken has less saturated fats than red meats and is high in protein.
    • Cucumbers have antioxidant properties. Read more on the advantages here!

    Dinner 
    For Dinner I had a Fajita roll with some of the fillings on the side. The fillings included mixed bell peppers, onions, red onions and celery.

    Benefits of the food!

    • Bell peppers will have a variety of antioxidant properties.
    • The tortilla wrapped around the filling is a carb which will provide energy for the day!

    Fluids

    Over 2 Litres of water.



    What have you been eating today>
    Let me know in the comments,


    Ellen,
    x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


    FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin

    You Might Also Like

    14 comments

    1. Oh yum, this is almost too simple! I reckon I could do this for my next dinner party as an easy entree. :)
      ブランドバッグコピー
      ブランド靴

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Simple yet satisfying :)
        I am so happy you liked this, please let me know if you serve any of these at a dinner party :)

        Delete
    2. Mmmm *drools*! That milkshake looks yummy! I make a similar one before I go running and also add protein powder and find it really helps with my performance :)

      Style Sunrise☀

      :)
      x

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't tend to use protein powders, I don't know, I feel like I don't need them at the moment.

        Delete
    3. don't want this to sound weird but it's incredibly interesting to read what other people eat.. very inspiring as well!
      is that cinnamon on the milkshake? YUM!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love seeing what others eat, this is why I like to share these kind of posts. :)
        It is cinnamon, yummy <3

        Delete
    4. Your breakfast looks so good! Also I love cucumber I just love how crunchy it is and the taste almost reminds me of a watermelon :) Everything you ate looks so good doll x Have a great day!

      Florals&Smiles
      Twitter

      ReplyDelete
    5. That roll looks so good I love those! I eat them a lot actually, they are just so good aren't they? :)

      RedLip&Love

      ReplyDelete
    6. Your posts always make me hungry, girl! :P

      Paulina


      shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete

    Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

    StyleWe

    View StyleWe

    The Girl Gang!

    Dorkface

    Jexshop

    Dress Link!