What I Ate Wednesday #7

09:00:00



 Hey Everyone!
It is Wednesday again, meaning that it is time for another "What I Ate Wednesday" post. I can't believe it is my 7th week doing this post, that means that I've been on holidays from College for at least 9 weeks, that's crazy! Anyways on with the post!

Breakfast


For breakfast I had two slices of gluten free bread with avocado spread on top, lightly seasoned with pepper. I also had some juice which I made. The juice contains some mixed summer berries, grapes, water and lime. It was delicious.

Advantages

- Gluten free bread is a great alternative to normal bread for people who are coeliac or gluten intolerant!

- Avocados are packed full of mono-unsaturated fatty acids. These are the healthy fats. They can reduce cholesterol levels. They are incredibly nutritious and healthy also as they contain so many vitamins and minerals such as Vit. K, Vit. C and the B vitamins such as folate and Vitamin B6. More information on avocados here


- The fruit in the juice contain a lot of antioxidants.

Lunch 

For Lunch I had a fried fillet of chicken, fried carrots and fried cherry tomatoes with a side of salad. This was very similar to my lunch last week.

Advantages

Chicken is a great source of protein and is low in saturated fats unlike red meats.

Carrots and Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and can help with the eyesight as well as reducing night blindness. 

Dinner 

For dinner I had a burger in a Gluten Free Bap with wedges on the side and ketchup!


Advantages
- The Gluten free bap is great for people who can't digest gluten. It is also a carb which provides us with energy for the day!

- The Burger steak is a great source of protein which is satiating.

- Wedges are another energy providing carbohydrate.

Snacks

I had some rice cakes topped with humus as a snack!


During the day I decided that I needed some additional protein so I prepared a milkshake/protein shake. In the shake I have Milk, frozen yoghurt, banana, peanut butter and some cinnamon!

Advantages
  • Yoghurt and Milk have a high biological value in protein, the most filling nutrient. They also are great sources of calcium which help us form healthy bones and teeth as well as preventing bone related illnesses such as osteoporosis and rickets.
  • Peanut Butter is a great source of healthy fats and protein. According to this article there is an array of advantages to eating peanut butter. It reduces the risk of heart disease and colon disease as well as reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. Read more here!
  • Bananas are full of potassium!! 


Fluids
Water: Over 2 Litres. 


What have you been eating today? 

Ellen, 
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x



FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin



You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. So healthy and delicious!!
    Happy Wed doll!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow everything looks so tasty! Great post :) have a nice day x

    Welcome to my blog
    www.blotterlife.com :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The breakfast and lunch looks so good! You should post recipes also!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I post the odd recipe, but I just like doing food diaries :)

      Delete
  4. That juice you made sounds amazing! I need to try it :) All the food looks so good! Also your lunch looks delicious x

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedges look so good! It's been forever since I ate wedges I just might have to make some :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starting out with avocado and a healthy juice, gets me properly set up for the day so healthy but delicious!

    http://www.emmainks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Abril, so happy you think so :)

      Delete
  8. Love idea of posting meal photos :) Love this post!
    xoxo Antonella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D
      I love sharing them :)

      Delete
  9. that all looks so good ! great post:)
    http://lilytalkss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!