What I ate Wednesday #5

09:00:00


Hello Everybody!
I hope you are all well!

I am back with another addition to my "What I Ate Wednesday" series. This series has been quite stressful to make but I think it has gotten some good feedback overall, so I will be continuing it throughout July! 

So let's get on with the food!

Breakfast 



Yes! You've guessed it! I had another smoothie bowl! In fairness though I am mixing it up a lot and I am showing you the different things you can make with fruit. This particular smoothie contains baby bananas which are these tiny bananas which are different to the typical banana. They have a more sweet taste to them. I paired that with a melon as well as milk and yoghurt. The toppings include almonds (whole and flaked), blueberries, chia seeds, red currants and pumpkin seeds. Yummy!

Benefits of the food!
  • Yoghurt and Milk have a high biological value in protein, the most filling nutrient. They also are great sources of calcium which help us form healthy bones and teeth as well as preventing bone related illnesses such as osteoporosis and rickets.
  • Peanut Butter is a great source of healthy fats and protein. According to this article there is an array of advantages to eating peanut butter. It reduces the risk of heart disease and colon disease as well as reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. Read more here!

    • Nuts such as Pecans and Almonds are a great source of protein and the good fats, These can be high in calories but be sure to eat small amounts to obtain the benefits. Almonds are high in vitamin E which helps with the appearance of your skin. It is also a great substitute for those who avoid dairy. Nuts can also contain high levels of fibre.
    • Berries of all sorts can contain antioxidants which stop oxidation and can reduce the occurrence of cancers and even heart disease.
    • Chia seeds are a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids and fibre. Omega 3 Fats are some of the good fats we need.
    • Pumpkin seeds can help in terms of heart and liver health and can have anti-diabetic effects as well as many other benefits. Read this article for more information!

Lunch



Sorry for the dreadful picture. I was at my Dad's office working for the summer when I took this picture of my lunch. My camera wasn't available! Anyway I went to a nearby sandwich shop and got a Tuna Melt which included whole meal bread, Tuna, Sweet Corn, Cheese and red onion. 

Benefits of the Food
  • Whole meal bread is much better for you than white bread because it has fibre.
  • Tuna includes omega-3 fatty acids which support a healthy brain and promote health and development. 

Dinner 

This time I had a very simple dinner, mashed potatoes, carrots and a pork chop, all covered with gravy.


Benefits of the Food
  • Potatoes are a great source of carbohydrates that provides us with fuel that gives us energy!
  • Carrots are an excellent source of Vitamin A which is known to help with our vision and stop night blindness.
  • Pork is very rich is protein which is satiating. It is also great for growth and repair of cells.
Snacks


I managed to take a pic of my snacks before work. I had my thinking cap on. Anyway I snacked on a pink lady apple and two rice cakes. I also had many mints that day! At least I am eating healthy snacks.


Fluids
2.5 Litres of Water
250 mls of Lemonade


What did you guys eat today?

Ellen
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Wow great post! Breakfast is one of the best parts of the day :)

    Welcome to my blog
    www.blotterlife.com :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you ! Yeah I have been having lots of smoothie bowls lately :)

      Delete
  2. I've never actually made a smoothie bowl but they look delicious, I think I'll have to at some point soon :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy. :)
      I think they're more fun than smoothies cause they're in a bowl :)

      Delete
  3. Your lunch looks flipping amazing! Wow! haha :)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in work and got a tuna melt. :)

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious and I really like that you added the benefits of each food. That smoothie bowl looks delicious. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thanks :)
      Yeah I think it is a really good way to encourage healthy eating. :)

      Delete
  5. Today I had a smoothie nuts and seeds so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I eat a lot of those lately.
      I don't get very hungry in the summer so they are just ideal to eat!

      Delete
  6. Today I had a smoothie nuts and seeds so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I had a smoothie nuts and seeds so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lunch and dinner looks amazing :) You make my hungry on Wednesdays haha :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I am so glad you are enjoying the series. :)

      Delete
  9. Im obsessed with smoothie bowls too!! I have to hunt down those tiny bananas you speak of

    BCfactor Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them in lidl but they'd be in organic food stores id say!

      Delete
  10. Never seen a blog post like this before and i think it's great! I love seeing what other people eat, and the fact you've included all the health benefits i think is fantastic! Great post!

    Courtney | http://courtzmelv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney!
      I do this every Wednesday so definitely pop around if you want to see more. :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!