Things I've learnt from breakups!

09:00:00

Image Source

Hello Everyone!
How are you all?

Today I am coming to you with another "Things I've learnt from" posts. I really like writing these posts and sharing some of the experiences I have had with you guys without giving you a lot of detail.

If you have ever been in a relationship, you have undoubtedly experienced a break up; whether it was positive or negative is really dependant on the situation involved. The following are a few things that I have learnt (and probably didn't realise at the time of the break up) from the experience of leaving a relationship.


Breaking up is hard - I'll be honest, break ups can be very difficult. I went through a very rough period when my last boyfriend and I broke up. I pretty much felt miserable all the time. The only time I wasn't as sad was when I was occupied, like when I went to Munich in Germany. It is definitely a good idea to keep yourself busy and distracted when going through this. Surround yourself with friends, start some new hobbies and get to know yourself and somehow your situation will be much easier to comprehend and deal with.


Time is a healer - I can't really explain myself for this one, but things do get better over time and you eventually get over the person. I suppose you learn to accept it the longer you are without them.


You can still be friends - Some people think that it'll be virtually impossible to be friends with your ex boyfriend/girlfriend after you're finished with them. I can assure you that this isn't through. In fact, I am friendly with every single guy I have ever been involved with. You may need a bit of time apart in the initial stages of the break up, but by the end of it, if you agree to be friends, that is totally achievable.


You won't get back together - Unless you are in that relationship that has those constant on-again-off-again stages, then the chances are, you two are finished for good. There is no point praying that you'll get back together. If it happens, it'll happen, if it doesn't then it doesn't. Your primary focus should be to get over the breakup.



What have you learnt from break ups? 

Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I totally agree that you can still be friends afterwards!
    Great post :)
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great post! It can feel like the end of the world but time heals it :) and too many people hang on as though they'll get back together when the best thing to do is move on! It's nice you are still friends with your ex, it's deffo not necessary though! Both my exes are manipulative, horrible, arrogant people so I have totally cut them out of my life. Too toxic. Maybe next time... xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See it depends on the relationship you're in. I am lucky enough to have had very loving relationships and when we ended we were open to being friends. There is no point holding on to nasty people, but there is no point letting go of people for no reason.

      Delete
  3. What if we follow each other? Let me know, sweetie!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch ♥
    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that break-ups can be horrible but I also think that there can come something good from it. We learn a lot of things and gain a lot of experience from it. Lovely post :)

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially agree with the last tip. In any case, breakups are a part of the human experience and while they hurt like a mofo, relish in the fact that you know have a deeper understanding of human emotions.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!