Pixar's "Inside Out" film review.

12:00:00

Image Source

Hey Guys,

I think my love for animated films comes from the inner child in me. I absolutely love sitting down and watching an old disney classic, animated of course. Sometimes, I think I even prefer it to sitting down and watching live action films (although the new live action "Cinderella" was pretty decent)! I am an absolute sucker for some of the old pixar classics like "Toy Story" or "Monsters Inc" and I adore the newer Disney films like "Frozen" or "Tangled" just as much. When I heard a bit about the new release "Inside Out", I was pretty excited about it!

My brother is pretty much a movie encyclopedia! If you've any queries about movies, I am almost positive that he would be able to answer to most of those. He was saying that "Inside Out" was given absolutely incredible reviews on line, so we decided to go see it in the cinema. I came out absolutely touched by the movie, to the extent that I felt compelled enough to write a review on the film on my blog! Movies are something I really haven't discussed on my blog.




The concept of the film is essentially the exploration of the different voices inside our head; joy, sadness, anger, disgust and fear. The focus in this film is on the protagonist Reilly's, a pre-teen who is honest, loves hockey and is extremely family oriented. The focus is purely placed on her memories as well as her emotions. Most of her memories are happy memories which puts immense pressure on joy to keep Reilly constantly happy. As the film progresses, we discover how the other emotions play a role in making Reilly a generally content person.

I don't want to give too much away about the plot because that was one of the main aspects I loved about it. I loved the storyline because it was extremely moving to me. I felt quite emotional in the theatre.

As well as being an absolutely touching film; there was also a lot of good humour included as well as excellent animation. I thought the animation was thought out very well and they came up with some very creative ideas as to how to create an alternative world inside somebody's head! They include things like imaginary friends, brain freeze and other minute details which make the film very clever. There were also some very aesthetically appealing camera shots in the film, I thought a lot of them were beautiful, so fair play to the pixar crew for that!

This film would get a solid five out of five from me. I couldn't fault it in any shape or form. It is one of those pixar films which cater to audiences of all sorts, whether you are 4 or 40, I am sure you would enjoy this!


Have you watched inside out? What did you think of it?

Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


You Might Also Like

31 comments

  1. Great review! I love the movie, it's so cute!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I am glad you enjoyed the review.
      It is such a touching film. <3

      Delete
  2. My daughter loves this movie! This movie is actually going to be my daughters theme for her birthday this year :) I really enjoyed the movie as well!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that'd be so cute! I'd love to see that party. When is it her birthday? :3

      Delete
  3. So cute!!!
    Have a great start of the week Allen!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooved Inside Out. It also made me think about my brain and emotions and if they actually work this way. I mean, that would be so cool!
    And yeah, I cried a lot during it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty touching and emotional. <3
      It was a very thought provoking film also :)

      Delete
  5. Great review, I never watched the movie, tho. Happy new week, Ellen.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! <3
    xoxo Gi.

    new post
    http://f-lover-fashion-blog.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post!
    f4f?
    All the best
    Isidora
    >>http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.com<<

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adored this film, and it definitely was moving to me too (but it's Pixar, I should've figured that in...). I liked how they explored all the different emotions! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same :)
      It was such a good film :)

      Delete
  9. I have never seen this movie but now I defiantly want to watch it! I love animated movies as well.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good, I really recommend it :)

      Delete
  10. I loveee Pixar movies! Heard this one was great as well! Looking forward to seeing it!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know your thoughts when you do see it :)

      Delete
  11. Ahhh I really, really, wanna see this movie! I loved the trailer and the things I've heard about it so far so hopefully I'll be able to see it soon.

    x- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you do see it and what you thought of it :)

      Delete
  12. I haven't watched it but I have also heard lots of good things about it! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do go see it :)

      Delete
  13. This movie sounds so cool and I really like the concept of it. I too really enjoyed Cinderella. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved cinderella :)
      Glad you enjoyed the post :)

      Delete
  14. Have to go see this! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have to go see this! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't watched it yet, but I look forward to. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!