Neutral eye shadow palettes.

15:04:00



Hey Guys!
I hope you are all well.

I didn't originally have a post planned for Monday. But I thought I would spontaneously write a post and take pictures today and just see what kind of post I could come up with. So the first thing that came to my head was beauty! Why not cheer up a dull and dreary Monday with a beauty post. These posts normally excite me, so it's only right that I share one with my lovely readers!

In the world of beauty, there are different people who love different eye shadow looks. There are the ones who wear the bright blue festival make up on an almost daily basis and then there are people like myself who are infatuated with neutral colours. The thing I find with neutral colours is that they probably produce the most versatile eye make up looks, from the bright day time took to the sexy smoky eye for an evening out. I can't seem to get enough of neutrals, so I thought I would share a few eye shadow palettes that I love.


1. Urban Decay - Naked Palette
I feel like everyone, their mother and their mother's dogs own this palette, and rightly so because it is so beautiful. The palette comes in a brown velvet and cardboard packaging which the word "Naked" engraved on the front.

This palette includes 12 different creamy and highly pigmented eye shadows in a variety of neutral colours which come either as mattes or shimmers.



Order of the colours from left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal.

I can honestly say that I wear most of these shades on a regular basis. The two I wear less frequently are "Gunmetal" and "Creep", although I have worn a beautiful blue smoky eye which has included "Gunmetal" before. The only thing I can fault in this palette is the lack of mattes which I think can be great for the crease.

2. Makeup Revolution - Parental Advisory palette 


This is quite a recent purchase and it is an item that came free with a Make up Revolution order I made. To purchase this on its own it is about £7.99 which is good considering you get 36 shades to place on your eyelids however you like.

The Parental Advisory palette comes in a sleek black case with a holographic cover to it which reads "Parental Advisory".  The palette comes in a variety of mattes and shimmers, from browns, to pinks, to greys, to blues. This really caters to those kids who are starting to get into make up and are on a budget. I haven't experimented with this palette too much but I intend to and I will post a review on this baby on my blog! 




3. Makeup Revolution - Iconic Pro 1 



The Iconic Pro 1 palette, supposedly a dupe for the Lorac Pro palette can be obtained for a bargain with make up revolution at merely £6.99 . This like the "Parental Advisory" palette, is a great addition to a beginner's collection as it is cheap and is almost identical to the real palette itself. Why spend £50 on a palette when you can get one for £7?

Again this is a new addition to my collection. What attracted it to me was that it is a very warm toned palette, it has 8 mattes and 8 shimmers, so it provides you with more crease appropriate shades. I also love the beautiful burnt red colour and of course it didn't damage my bank account.



Colour names (from left to right) : Ghost, Luna, Must, Enigma, Fade, Drama, Afflicted, Pitch. These are the mattes.
Colour names (from left to right): Need, Dawn, Getter, Breathe, Too grey, Stage, Addicted, Player.


4. Benefit - Big Beautiful Eyes Palette 


Okay, so this palette has some nice pink tones to it which I adore in a make up look which is why I am always eyeing the "Naked 3" palette. But for what you get this palette from Benefit I don't feel was worth it. You get merely three eye shadows and I believe you pay more than you would for "The Naked Basics".

I love that it has a matte brown and two pink colours I can incorporate to form a romantic look. The packaging, like all of Benefit's packaging is pretty, pink, cute and youthful. The shadows are good quality but it's not worth it, I would advise someone to get the Naked 3 instead of this. I do use this palette a lot and it acts as my palette for those days when you're lazy and want to look like you made some effort with your look.

5. Barry M - Natural Glow Palette 2




Now I am back to a palette that hasn't really ever had too much of a hype about it (to my knowledge)! It is the "Barry M Natural Glow 2" Palette which comes with six shades of eye shadow and a primer which is pretty much empty.

It has 3 more matte shades and three shimmers, and there are mainly pink and purple tones to them. One of the shades I have barely used is the blue-y grey shade. I find it a bit cool toned for my liking. I adore the other shades. I feel they are quite buttery and creamy and blend very well.

The primer on the other hand isn't the best. I use it just because my urban decay ones ran out and really need to be replaced now. It comes out kind of crumbly on the eye and it isn't creamy like the UD primer which is a consistency I prefer.

It is a very good neutral palette for a beginner though and the crumbliness vanishes when eyeshadow is applied.

What are your favourite eye shadow palettes?


Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin







You Might Also Like

42 comments

  1. Oh my you have such an amazing collection! I don't have that many haha :P I love all these shades, I bet they all look great on you :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I have gone a bit crazy lately but I think I have enough :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! You have an amazing collection of palettes. Love the shades, Ellen.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Lenya :D
      I am glad you like them.

      Delete
  3. This is such a nice collection! I definitely need a more neutral-toned palette in my collection. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  4. Great post

    New post :
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post!
    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the naked palette, I use it nearly everyday for my eyeshadow! I've never seen that 'Parental Advisory' palette before and it looks amazing! x

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is available on Makeup revolution, I am going to test the palette out a bit more and then do a review on it :)

      Delete
  7. I've got that Barry M pallet and love it! That revolution pallet looks amazing, I love their pallets too! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any posts on it really. I think it is a good enough palette that barry M.
      I think Make up revolution are quite good for their eyeshadows. Once you have a primer you're grand.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful palettes! I love neutrals too, the number of effects you can get is infinite!

    Natalia
    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Same, the colour pay off is just amazing. It is definitely my favourite as well as most expensive in my collection.

      Delete
  10. I wish I had your makeup collection! I love neutral colors too. I usually opt for brownish greys and bronze colors since I have dark brown eyes. I'll have to look for some of the brands you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're completely skint I recommend make up revolution or barry M. If you can make the purchase the naked palette is worth your time. :)

      Delete
  11. Love this post so much! :)
    Antonella <3
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antonella :)
      I am so happy you enjoyed this post :)

      Delete
  12. I really need to give Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palettes a try! Going to order some after I return from my holiday :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they seem quite good :)
      I know you have the Naked 3, so you could get the iconic 3 for a comparrison post.
      But I recommend the ones I have for some solid neutral looks :)

      Delete
  13. The Naked palette made me want to get rid of every other neutral I owned. Seriously.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is missing some burnt reds, purples, oranges and mattes though :)

      Delete
  14. i have the naked palette but the makeup revolution looks great too
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you can't complain for the price. I am doing some experimentation with them so I can write a review :)

      Delete
  15. They all look amazing !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i would just like to announce:
    your photography is gorgeous.
    that is all.

    http://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you.
      I have been working very hard on it lately and I am so glad it shows. :)

      Delete
  17. Love the colors on the urban decay and your post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :D
      I am so glad you enjoyed my post :)

      Delete
  18. I'm loving all of these palettes! Wish I was better at applying eye shadow hehe

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get the right tools it is pretty easy!

      Delete

  19. Excellent blogs!!!!you have for sharing them effect information..we developer very learning to easy

    Eye Makeup Palettes

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!