How to eat healthily!

09:00:00


Hey Guys!
How are you all?


Getting healthy and fit seems to be an ongoing trend in recent times. With people growing an increasing concern for their life expectancy and general health, many opt to start a healthier lifestyle. It isn't only about being physically active but also putting the right types of fuel into our bodies.

As I have been sharing a lot of what I have been eating in my "What I Ate Wednesday" series, I have been trying to eat very healthily. For one thing, I don't want to look like a complete slob on the internet and I also want to eat healthier because I feel better about myself in the end.


I feel that I eat pretty healthily right now so I thought I would share some of my tips on eating healthily.



My tips for eating healthier!

1. Be educated 
It really isn't a bad idea to do a bit of research on the foods you are eating on a regular basis. For example, lets say you're eating granola everyday for breakfast. Your particular granola may have a lot of sugar in it so it may not be as healthy as it seems. And as it has a lot of sugar it will allow your glucose levels to sky rocket very early on in the day. Alternatively you could find a different brand of granola with less sugar or make your own!!!


2. Research the benefits of your food 
I think this is similar to the first point I tried to make. If you know why the food you are eating is good for you there is more chance of you continuing to eat it. I know that avocados are high in potassium and those good fats we need and I have been consistently eating them for over a year now!


3. Make changes slowly
As the saying goes, "Slow and steady wins the race". Make changes slowly. Maybe eat one biscuit less tomorrow night or drink your nightly cup of tea without sugar. If you change slowly they will become subtle and you probably won't notice that you're eating a whole lot healthier!!!


4. Try new things 
Some of you may be aware that earlier on in the year I bit the bullet and went vegetarian for about two months. In that time, and during college in general, I tried so much new food. A year ago you wouldn't have seen me eating spinach or kale or beetroot or cucumber and they are some of my favourite foods now. If I could give somebody some advice it would definitely be to try new healthy foods. I think most of the time they taste delicious and you'll feel better by eating them too!


5. Eat wholesome and tasty foods 
One of the difficulties facing many people in the healthy eating transformation is their cravings for sweet treats. We are all human and we are going to have these cravings. I would advise you to eat healthy foods you like the taste of to ease those cravings. When I have a smoothie bowl I feel like I am eating something indulgent when in actual fact it is quite healthy for you. There are so many healthy recipes available on the internet so why not do your research and find one that appeals to you!!!


Do you have any tips on eating healthily?

Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin



You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I'd like to think I eat *relatively* healthy but I love these posts for giving me a little boost and keeping me on track. Fab post lovely :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle.
      Just eat as healthily as you can and don't deprive yourself.

      Delete
  2. Great post, I always love making smoothies and juices as its the best way to pack in your 5 a day xx

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is so simple yet so effective :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your advices!
    Eating healthy can be quite a challenge sometimes haha, but I definitely feel better when I have a normal diet. Also what I've noticed if I don't focus too much on being healthy, then it easier for me and I actually don't eat too much junk food. However, when I'm forcing myself to follow kinda healthy diet my inner voice keeps telling me to grab a chocolate bar :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying new things is something that i've started to do and i'm really glad that i did it x
    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh good, it is really nice to try new things.

      Delete
  5. Love your ideas! Everything looks so good!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tash, I am happy you liked this post. :)

      Delete
  6. this is great!! i really hope you're having a wonderful day :))

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it all when it comes to eating healthy as I'm forever reading articles & books on it but trying to stay on track is definitely the hardest part even when you now it's bad for you. Great post x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am so glad you liked the post. :)
      You feel so much better when you eat heathy :)

      Delete
  8. Great tips! Totally agree about researching and experimenting to find what you like. I actually prefer the taste of healthier foods :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I feel so much better after them too!

      Delete
  9. These are really great tips! I love healthy food! :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree to the researching part (: lovely tips
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying to eat healthily lately, so thanks for sharing these tips!
    xoxo

    behindkaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that these helped you out a little!

      Delete
  12. Great tips! Definitely things I do myself to eat and live healthily! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad. I hope this post is helping someone.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!