What I ate Wednesday! #4

11:58:00

Hey Guys!

I hope that all is well!


I am sorry that this post is delayed by a few hours but I was too busy to write it. I have been on the hunt for accommodation in Dublin for the next academic year which has occupied me. I have also had a catch up with some old friends. But nonetheless, it will still be posted, I don't want to miss out on a post in my series. I am hoping to be able to do this series for the rest of the summer. 


Anyways without further ado, here is what I ate. 

Breakfast 


I think you guys may be a bit fed up of seeing smoothie bowls, but it is what I eat most days for my breakfast! In fairness I do change them every single day and have a completely different smoothie every day! I also had 500 ml of Water.

Smoothie : Blackberries, two bananas, milk and yoghurt.

Toppings: Almonds, blueberries, red currents, milled flaxseeds and peanut butter.

Benefits of the Food:

  • Flaxseeds are a great source of vitamin D which aids the absorption of calcium, but it also contains omega 3 fatty acids. 

  • Peanut Butter is a great source of healthy fats and protein. According to this article there is an array of advantages to eating peanut butter. It reduces the risk of heart disease and colon disease as well as reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. Read more here!
  • Milk and yoghurt are great sources of protein and calcium. This is good for growth, repair and healthy teeth and bones.
  • Berries are very high in antioxidants!
  • Bananas are a great source of potassium. 


Lunch 

My lunch isn't the best presented here but it was pretty yummy. I had a relatively late lunch so I tried to include a lot in it. I had one scrambled egg, an avocado, a fillet of cod, some brown rice and some stir fried mixed bell peppers with spices and seasoning.

Benefits of Food:


  • Avocados are packed full of mono-unsaturated fatty acids. These are the healthy fats. They can reduce cholesterol levels. They are incredibly nutritious and healthy also as they contain so many vitamins and minerals such as Vit. K, Vit. C and the B vitamins such as folate and Vitamin B6. More information on avocados here!

  • Eggs are extremely rich in protein which is good for the growth and repair of cells. 


  • Brown rice is much higher in fibre content than white rice. 

  • Fish is a great source of the good fats we need. It has omega 3 fatty acids. 



Dinner


As there were some great offers on BBQ food in the supermarkets, we decided to have a BBQ for dinner, despite it not being too appropriate to eat outside. So I had a chicken burger, a chciken skewer, a small piece of steak and some salad on the side.

This is a very protein rich meal.


What have you been eating today>
Let me know in the comments,


Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. The added almonds look so good in your breakfast! I just love almonds :)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love almonds too. I like to eat some kind of nuts with my breakfast bowls now so I just change it up every so often!

      Delete
  2. Your breakfast looks really good but still healthy<3
    Followed your blog, mind following mine back? =D

    xoxo
    amfiba
    amfiba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is healthy but feels like a treat :)
      I will have a look at your blog and follow back if I like it :)

      Delete
  3. Your breakfast looks amazing! I try so hard to buy healthy foods when i can, but it almost never works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice :) kisses :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love BBQ! :) Everything looks so good!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these types of posts! that acai bowl looks delicious! xx, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh this is so great!!:) i hope you're doing well!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm smoothie bowl. I made a couple smoothies this week but no bowls. Thanks for the inspiration to try something new. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome.
      I am happy to be inspiring someone :)

      Delete
  9. I love posts like this! All of your meals look super taste and healthy. I wish I could have a lunch like that at work! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that was such a nice lunch.
      I need to come up with a plan to stay healthy! :)

      Delete
  10. Oh wow so healthy! Really admire that :) I must try out smoothie bowls.
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Yeah smoothie bowls are yummy.
      I put ice cream in them when I feel naughty!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!