What I ate Wednesday! #3

09:00:00

 Hey Everyone!
I hope you are all doing well.

Today's post is my third in my "What I Ate Wednesday" post. This is a series I started in attempts to eat healthier throughout the day.


The following are my previous posts in the series.
What I Ate Wednesday #1
What I Ate Wednesday #2


Breakfast


For Breakfast I had yet another smoothie bowl. I am pretty much eating these on a daily basis. 

Smoothie Consisted of: 
Avocado 
2 Kiwis 
Milk 

Toppings included: 
Mangos 
Blueberries
Walnuts
Flaked Almonds
Peanut Butter
Chia Seeds
Milled Flaxseeds


Benefits of the Food:

  • Flaxseeds are a great source of vitamin D which aids the absorption of calcium, but it also contains omega 3 fatty acids. 

  • Peanut Butter is a great source of healthy fats and protein. According to this article there is an array of advantages to eating peanut butter. It reduces the risk of heart disease and colon disease as well as reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. Read more here!


  • Walnuts have been shown to have a variety hidden advantages. It can improve the reproductive health in men and is also a great mechanism to control your weight. More information can be obtained here! Almonds are extremely rich in protein, vitamins and minerals.

  • Milk is a great source of protein and calcium. This is good for growth, repair and healthy teeth and bones.
  • Avocados are packed full of mono-unsaturated fatty acids. These are the healthy fats. They can reduce cholesterol levels. They are incredibly nutritious and healthy also as they contain so many vitamins and minerals such as Vit. K, Vit. C and the B vitamins such as folate and Vitamin B6. More information on avocados here!
Lunch:


For Lunch I had a Kiwi, some organic spelt crisp bread topped with mashed avocado. I had half a crisp bread cracker with some humus.

Benefits of Food:



  • Avocados are packed full of mono-unsaturated fatty acids. These are the healthy fats. They can reduce cholesterol levels. They are incredibly nutritious and healthy also as they contain so many vitamins and minerals such as Vit. K, Vit. C and the B vitamins such as folate and Vitamin B6. More information on avocados here

  • Kiwis help with digestion and clearing out toxins, They also have high levels of potassium. More information available here!

Dinner:



For dinner I had a bowl of  pasta, chicken, sauce and some melted cheese. I also had a small glass of club orange with my dinner as I have a small addiction. I am limiting it though. 

Benefits of the Food:


  • Pasta is a great source of carbohydrates which provides us with energy for the day. 

  • Chicken is a protein source and is lower in Saturated fat than red meat. 



Snacks:


My mum made a rhubarb pie, so I had to try a piece, so this was my snack for the day!!!





What did you eat today? 


Ellen 

x x x x x x x x x x  x x x x x  x x x x x x 


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin




You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. Your lunch looks so good, I just love kiwi it is actually my fave fruit :) All the food looks super good though x


    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiwis I have learnt are super high in potassium and packed full of benefits. :)

      Delete
  2. All of that looks so good. If only I had someone to make it for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, a lot of it is very easy to make actually.

      Delete
  3. Everything looks so delicious, especially the pasta which I love! I also have the same laptop as you haha. x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty good laptop isn't it?

      Delete
  4. your breakfast looks delicious! I've been meaning to make a smoothie bowl for a long time now, I actually found out that a store opened up by me that makes an array of different types of smoothie bowls- super excited to try them one day! great post :)
    xx, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kenzie, I am glad you enjoyed the post. :)
      It's awesome that there is a place near to you that do smoothie bowls for you.
      I personally like making my own, it is much cheaper and you can customise them how you like.
      The trick is to freeze your fruit. :)

      Delete
  5. Everything looks really scrumptious, especially that smoothie bowl. Love the colors. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen :D
      Smoothie bowls are my favourite breakfast at the moment :)

      Delete
  6. I am such a sucker for pasta! All your meals look super good though, I just love what you eat for breakfast!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah pasta is great and so easy to make.
      Yeah breakfast is most definitely my favourite meal of the day :)

      Delete
  7. So I finally started to bring back some healthy foods to my diet, and had an avocado toast with an egg on a whole wheat bread! Keep your fingers crossed I'll keep it up! ;)

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck. I think that is a pretty healthy meal. I really want to start eating gluten free breads. :)

      Delete
  8. Nice!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks delicious!!!!!!
    I love what you eat!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Paola.
      I am glad you are enjoying this series. :)

      Delete
  10. Looks delicious

    New post :
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks very healthy, very inspiring, want to try it :)

    Aimee Bustillo | http://aimeebustillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love having avocado for breakfast! One of my fav on egg and toast:-)

    www.wunderbliss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!