What I ate Wednesday! #2

09:00:00


Hello lovely people,
I hope you have all been well!



If you missed last week's "What I ate Wednesday" post, then you may not be aware that I have started a "What I ate Wednesday" series for June and most likely July and August. In these posts I will be sharing with you what I have been eating throughout the day every Wednesday, in attempts to better my eating habits and to educate myself (and others) about the benefits of the foods I am eating. 



If you missed last week's post, click here to read it!


Now without further rambling, I shall go on to the meals I ate. 


Breakfast!



Like last week I had a very fruity smoothie bowl for my breakfast, with various toppings. I also had a large glass of water!


Smoothie Consisted of: 

1 1/2 Bananas 
5 Strawberries 
2 spoonfuls of Natural Yoghurt 
A Drizzle of Milk 


Toppings Consisted of: 

4 Strawberries 
1/2  a banana 
Tablespoon of Peanut Butter 
A sprinkle of milled Flaxseeds with Biocultures (available here) 
A sprinkle of pumpkin seeds 
A few Walnuts 
A sprinkle of flaked almonds 
A drizzle of honey 



Benefits of the food: 


  • Strawberries are rich in vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and many other antioxidants. These prevent oxidation as well as reducing the risk of cancers etc. Due to being a great source of vitamin C, strawberries can also help the immune system and prevent illnesses like scurvy. 


  • Yoghurt and Milk have a high biological value in protein, the most filling nutrient. They also are great sources of calcium which help us form healthy bones and teeth as well as preventing bone related illnesses such as osteoporosis and rickets. 

  • Flaxseeds are a great source of vitamin D which aids the absorption of calcium, but it also contains omega 3 fatty acids. 

  • Peanut Butter is a great source of healthy fats and protein. According to this article there is an array of advantages to eating peanut butter. It reduces the risk of heart disease and colon disease as well as reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. Read more here!

  • Walnuts have been shown to have a variety hidden advantages. It can improve the reproductive health in men and is also a great mechanism to control your weight. More information can be obtained here! Almonds are extremely rich in protein, vitamins and minerals. 

  • Pumpkin seeds can help in terms of heart and liver health and can have anti-diabetic effects as well as many other benefits. Read this article for more information!



Lunch





For Lunch I had a piece of whole meal toast with some yummy mashed up avocado, a scrambled egg (no milk added) and some cherry tomatoes on the side. To drink, I had a large glass of water. The food was lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. 


Benefits of the food: 


  • Whole Meal bread is much healthier than white bread. It is packed full of fibre. 

  • Tomatoes are incredibly rich in vitamin A, this not only helps our eyesight and the reduction of night blindness and other vision related impairments, but it also acts as an antioxidant. 

  • Avocados are packed full of mono-unsaturated fatty acids. These are the healthy fats. They can reduce cholesterol levels. They are incredibly nutritious and healthy also as they contain so many vitamins and minerals such as Vit. K, Vit. C and the B vitamins such as folate and Vitamin B6. More information on avocados here!

  • Eggs are a great source of protein. They also contain some fat. 



Dinner



For dinner I had some sweet potato fries I made, the leftovers of my avocado and some chicken and vegetable stir-fry, consisting of peppers and cucumbers. 

Benefits of the Food: 

  • Sweet Potatoes are a great source of Iron as well as vitamin B6, Vitamin C and Vitamin D. More advantages can be found here!

  • Peppers are rich in antioxidants. 

  • Chicken is a great source of protein!


Snacks:





I often do a bit of baking and I couldn't help myself, but to indulge into a yummy berry muffin. They were magnificent.




What did you eat today? 

Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin









You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. Yummm, looks so delicious! :) Inspiring post.

    http://happinessvictim.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I am hungry :( any leftovers? Looks delicious, Ellen.
    xoxo
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha no unfortunately.
      Glad you liked this post. :)

      Delete
  3. Everything looks delicious, specially those salads!
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, glad you liked them. :)

      Delete
  4. All these food looks so good and is making my hungry haha :) Your muffins look too good! One of my fave things to eat is yogurt and adding my own fruit (I hate added fruit by the company in my yogurt)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just go for a plain natural yoghurt and add my own fruit.
      Sometimes I put it in the freezer for an hour to make some fro-yo!

      Delete
  5. Amazing post my dear <3 Love your blog !
    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, yummy, yummy! I'm also trying to be more healthy right now. It's summer which means lots of fresh berries, fruits and vegetables, so I think that's quite weird to eat tons of junk foods.
    Last week I even had sort of a fitness routine! But my laziness always gets on point during weekend and I skipped few workouts :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently trying to get fitter too.
      The best idea is to get into a routine like do it every morning etc. :)
      But I like to think I eat healthily enough.
      I give myself snacks, but I don't feel I need to deprive myself of them because I don't need to loose weight.

      Delete
  7. amazing blog post :)

    i love you blog


    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyLookBook


    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so good, those muffins look like they taste so yummy!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tasted even better.
      I am glad you enjoyed the post :)

      Delete
  9. You just made me very hungry, girl! Can I have you cook for me?! Seriously though, everything looks great!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waw I really like this article! I love how you write and your pictures are good quality.
    Maybe you can check and comment my article HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3
      So glad you liked my post.

      Delete
  11. Waw such a cool post! I have to say that I am new on your blog, but I am totally impressed!

    My blog - > Check and comment this post

    FOLOOW ME VIA GFC
    ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of this looks so delicious! Now I'm going to go make myself berry muffins

    www.wunderbliss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your blog ;)) have an amazing day!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!