What I ate Wednesday! #1

09:00:00


Hello Everyone! I hope you're all doing well. :) 

I have really wanted to start a series on my blog so I at least will have one post in the week. I also noticed that I have been lacking in Food related posts so I thought why not start one of those "What I ate on Wednesday Posts". I will (hopefully) be posting these every Wednesday and basing them on the Wednesday beforehand, or any day! It really doesn't matter too much!

I thought this would be a great idea! Not only would I be encouraging myself to eat healthier, I would also be encouraging others. I have decided also that I will be posting a few nutritional details and facts on the items I am eating to educate myself and others of course!

Breakfast!


For my breakfast I had a Strawberry and Banana Smoothie bowl topped with various toppings. I accompanied this with a large glass (500 ml) of Water.

Smoothie Includes: 
1 Banana
5 Strawberries 
3 Spoons of Natural Greek Yoghurt
Milk

Toppings include:A handful of pecan nuts
A sprinkle of flaked almonds
Berries including Blue berries and some frozen black forest berries
1 Kiwi
Sprinkle of Milled Chia Seeds

Benefits of each food:
  • Bananas contain high levels of potassium which is great for reducing the risk of stroke, low blood pressure, kidney stones etc. It also acts to preserve bone mineral density and protect against muscle mass.
  • Yoghurt and Milk have a high biological value in Protein. This is great for growth and the repair of cells. Protein is also the most satiating/filling nutrient so you won't be as hungry as soon.
  • Nuts such as Pecans and Almonds are a great source of protein and the good fats, These can be high in calories but be sure to eat small amounts to obtain the benefits. Almonds are high in vitamin E which helps with the appearance of your skin. It is also a great substitute for those who avoid dairy. Nuts can also contain high levels of fibre.
  • Berries of all sorts can contain antioxidants which stop oxidation and can reduce the occurrence of cancers and even heart disease.
  • Chia seeds are a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids and fibre. Omega 3 Fats are some of the good fats we need. 

Lunch

For lunch I had a toasted bap filled with sausages, tomatoes and melted cheese with a large glass of Miwadi. My phone is just opened there on my twitter page, was tweeting during lunch time.

Benefits of each food:
  • Tomatoes contains vitamin A. Vitamin A helps with eye sight and can prevent illnesses such as night blindness. 
  • Sausages are a source of protein
  • Cheese is a great source of calcium. This aids the teeth and bones and can prevent bone related illnesses like rickets. 
  • Baps aren't the best for you but they are a source of carbohydrates which give us fuel for the day. 

Dinner

I appear to have forgotten the pictures of what I had for my dinner. They don't seem to be on my camera memory card.

Nonetheless, I didn't have the healthiest dinner - Fish fingers, Bachelors beans and wedges.

Benefits of each food:
  • Beans are a source of protein, the most satiating and filing nutrient.
  • Wedges are a carb and provide us with energy. 



Snacks 
I actually managed to have no snacks this day! So go me!!

I hope you enjoyed my first "What I ate Wednesday" post. I will definitely be posting more.

What did you eat today? 

Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin




You Might Also Like

33 comments

  1. It's so delicious!
    http://lookwhatimwearingtoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast looks super delicious yet it's still healthy at the same time x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love smoothie bowls.
      I have a post in may about how to make smoothie bowls. :)

      Delete
  3. I love that you included the benefits of the food you eat, it's a great way to be aware of what you're putting into your body!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought why not.
      It also educates people on the benefits of the food also.

      Delete
  4. I always love seeing what people have eaten, your breakfast looks so delicious (I'm always too lazy to have breakfast to be honest)! x

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always have an acai/smoothie bowl as a snack Victoria!
      They are so yummy.
      I love sprinkling different things on them and trying all sorts of combinations.

      Delete
  5. nice post!
    http://befashion31.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love kiwi in my greek yogurt! I used to it everyday with musli, so filling! I definitely have to get back into healthier routine, all those croissants for breakfast have to stop! Love the new series!

    Have a lovely day, darling!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Paulina.
      I hope you enjoy this one.
      A few bloggers do it :)

      Delete
  7. Looks good! I really need to try that breakfast :)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post. I mean, it's very useful in the meantime, because I'm trying to vary my diet. Your breakfast is totally good and super healthy, but Lunch, well, I would not say, that it's quite healthy. But it's only my opinion, I'm trying to refuse the bread and pastries, so I think much more healthier to eat more vegetables and nuts.

    Cheers, Eliza | www.fashion-confession.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel I need to cut bread out of my diet.
      It's not a terrible lunch. :)
      But thanks for the tips I guess.

      Delete
  9. Great breakfast indeed! :)))

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm your breakfast looks so yummy! I love adding fruit to things :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you very much.
      You should definitely give it a try :)

      Delete
  11. the smoothie bowl sounds really good!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoothie bowls are my absolute favourite. :)

      Delete
  12. the fruit salad you ate in the morning looks really yummy
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your lunch looks delicious and now I am craving food :D Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe good job on not snacking today! I seriously snack like every 2-3 hours and it's such a bad habit but we have so many amazing snacks at work! I should start documenting what I eat and realize how everything I consume is so bad for me!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think cause I'm putting it online I try to eat relatively well!

      Delete
  15. These posts are great :D I might have to give one a go! Love beans, so good for protein AND they count as one of your five a day! I've been eating Jordan's country crisp almond and nuts cereal for breakfast every day recently... I might just have to do one cos I eat a lot of the same stuff haha :P

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!