Things I have learnt from Friendships!

18:29:00

Image source




Hey Guys!
I hope you're all well!

If you have read my "Most Popular Blogposts" post, you will know that "Things I have learnt from.." posts are some of my most viewed and commented on. I also really enjoy writing them, so I thought that I would write another one.

Friendship is something we can all relate to. We have all had friends, some friendships have been long and healthy and others haven't worked out quite so well. I thought that I would share a few things that I have learnt from being friends with all sorts of people.


1. It's not necessary to have a lot in common to be friends -
Mutual interests don't essentially form a long lasting friendship. There are plenty of people who are close with me who I don't have much in common with, My boyfriend is a physics student who likes to play Yugioh and watch Anime. We have very different thoughts and interests and somehow manage to have fun when we are together.

I do have friends that I have things in common with too also which provides a stimulating conversation.

But there is so much more to clicking with someone, when you really get on with someone you just manage to have fun all the time you're with them.




2. Real friends will be there when you need it most -

There are times when you need your friends more than other times. Maybe you are going through family trouble or have just been through a traumatic break up. True friends will always be there to listen to you, support you and to get you through whatever issues you may be having. I have definitely considered those who have been there for me my most true friends.



3. Friends need space - 


This is probably one of the most important points. Just like in an intimate, sexual relationship with a boyfriend or a girlfriend, you too need space from your mates. I used to be one of those teenagers who would constantly be messaging friends, going into town and seeing those same people every single day. After awhile, I began to realise that I wasn't getting any time to myself. Sometimes you need to take a break from the friends in person and virtually take breaks from text messages and messages on social media.



There is so much I have learnt from friendships but that is all I will be sharing today.

What have you learnt from friendships?



Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. This is a lovely post - and all so true! I think the biggest thing I've learnt from friendships is that you don't need to agree with everything they believe - perhaps similar to 'not having a lot in common', but I think that the conversations where you disagree (within reason!) are some of the best :) I love learning about other peoples opinions and why they think how they do and I think it's really important!

    http://alicegibbs.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you Alice. :)
      I do like a bit of debate myself in friendship, as long as my opinion is respected. It makes life more interesting.
      There is so much more I could write on friendship (maybe I'll do another post).
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate to #1. My best friend in high school and I had nothing in common. We always used to joke with one another, "Why are we even friends!?" lol I think it was our sense of humor... we always made each other laugh and would laugh at the same stuff. :)

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter can definitely be the key to a friendship. <3

      Delete
  3. Totally agree Ellen, great post!
    I'm in Sardinia, Costa Smeralda.
    xo Paola
    Expressyourself
    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paola :)
      I hope you're having fun there!

      Delete
  4. Honey. This post is really great!

    xoxo from Poland!
    http://moooneykills.blogspot.com/2015/06/avatar.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree! Most of my friends don't really have much in common but we all get along great! :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same. :)
      I think certain people just click :)

      Delete
  6. I completely agree that you don't need to have everything in common with a friend; it's those who are opposite to you that you learn from, which is what friendship is about I think. As well as belly laughs, of course!

    I've got a new post about my nail routine, if you're interested :)
    Hannah x
    http://xhannahsaidso.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I suppose you're right. Having things in common can stimulate interesting conversation but there is always something to talk about with most people. :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!