How to style a kimono featuring Dresslink items!

11:15:00


Hey Everybody!

As June has just arrived, summer has really begun. It is the start of the summer holidays for most in Ireland, except for the primary school kids who have a month longer in school and have to wait until July!! Although it hasn't been the nicest here with the persistent rain, I thought I would show you how I would style a kimono. I am an avid kimono wearer and lover and absolutely love to wear them on nights out, to parties, during the day etc. They are also pretty essential pieces to wear to festivals and concerts. They can make the difference between showing too much skin and looking perhaps a bit skimpy! 

I also thought that I would feature the items I got from Dresslink into some of these outfits again. I did feature these previously but I forgot to link the items in case you guys were interested in buying them or seeing futher details of them such as the price and the colours and sizes available. I also wanted to show that I actually wear and adore the items as well as how versatile they can be and how you can style them. 

If you missed my other outfits from dresslink, I will leave the links to those posts also!

In the following post I have styled my kimonos in four different ways, there are plenty of other ways to style them and a few other ways to style them, but I think four looks is plenty as a guide on how to style them!


Look 1: Kimono and Jeans!





 This look is by far my favourite. I think it looks so casual, beach-y and fun!!! I simply paired my kimono with a pair of ripped jeans, a crop top and some cheap flip flops I bought in Aldi or Lidl absolutely ages ago. I feel like the kimono is this case allows me not to show off too much skin.


Top - Love, St. Stephen's Green Co. Dublin
Belt - Gift
Kimono - Love, St. Stephen's Green Co. Dublin
Jeans - Pinky, Co. Waterford


Look 2 : A Kimono and shorts!





I think this second look is very festival appropriate! I can imagine it now, you're at a festival, dancing til your heart's content, and wearing quite little so you don't sweat excessively. A kimono can be breezy and airy and functions as the best cover up in the heat. I remember when I was in Italy I used them as as beach cover up to cover my bikini when I wasn't in the pool.

This outfit also contains my crop top number I got from Dresslink! If you would like to see how I styled this crop top in another outfit post click here! There is a review and information on the quality, delivery etc of the crop top in that outfit post!

If you would like to view this crop top on the website and purchase it, click here!

Shorts - Bershka
Kimono - Pinky, Co Waterford
Crop top- Dress Link (Click here to view or buy!)
Boots - River Island (Featured here!)

Look 3 A kimono and a dress!



I think a kimono and a dress combination can make a rather romantic look. I think it would be perfect for a date when you want to look a bit nice, maybe a bit romantic. Do a pink romantic eye make up look with the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and you're sorted!

Again I have displayed this dress I got from Dresslink. I probably have kimonos that work better with the dress but I really wanted to show you this kimono because it has pineapples on it, how cute! If you would like to see another outfit post where I styled this dress click here! There is a review and additional information on the product quality, delivery etc. in this post!

If you would like to view or purchase the dress click here!!!

Kimono: Missguided (Available Click Here)
Dress: Dress Link (Available Click Here)


Look 4: A kimono and a skirt



Here is my final look, a kimono and a skirt. In this case it provides another romantic look. It is probably something I would wear to a family get together or a date. I was totally inspired by another blogger Kendra and her Birthday outfit (post available here) when I was pairing the items together for this outfit. I would have never considered pairing a maxi skirt with a kimono. I also like shorter skirts, like mini body-con styled skirts with kimonos. I don't really like flared skirts or skater skirts with kimonos, but you can style them as you like.




Kimono - Pinky, Co. Waterford
Bralet - Dress Link (I bought this at another stage)
Maxi skirt: Dress link (Click here to view) 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



How do you style kimonos and which look was your favourite? 
Don't forget to let me know in the comments! 


Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I love the last outfit with the long skirt, it's beautiful! xx

    Want to support each other on GFC/Bloglovin?

    Here's my blog - Blog With Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you :)
      I will definitely check out your blog and follow it if I like it :)

      Delete
  2. My favourite is definitely the last one. Kimonos are such a great wardrobe staple and I really need to get one finally because they are so good for summer!

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have about 5 or 6 now and I really can't get enough of them. :)

      Delete
  3. i love all of your looks! they're so pretty

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a USA beauty giveaway inc lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your post, it's great as always :)



    xoxo
    NEW POST CLICK

    ReplyDelete
  5. So in love with your distressed my jeans, my absolute favourite :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too and sometimes I rip them even more and it doesnt matter cause that's in style :P

      Delete
  6. I love kimonos, they're so versatile! I think the third is my favourite <3

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you very much :D
      They are my summer wardrobe staple!

      Delete
  8. The second and fourth outfits are my favorite. you look beautiful
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally love to rock the kimono & shorts combination. I should try out the dress one though. Love it. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'd love to see how it looks :)

      Delete
  10. Those are lovely kimonos! and I love all the mash up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have this stylish and lovely Kimono too, with its cute decorative daisies. You'll definitely love it!

      Delete
  11. i love this :) i hope you're having an amazing day!

    mfashionfreak♥blog


    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!