How to reconnect with Friends over summer!

13:17:00


Image Source


Hey Lovely people,
I hope those who are off for their summer holidays are having a whale of a time.

I really wanted to write a post on reconnecting with your friends during the summer time. Whether you want to see your friends from Uni again or your friends from back home, sometimes it can be a bit awkward when you haven't seen each other for awhile.

Sometimes, friendships fade and you drift apart if you haven't been talking for a long time. But sometimes you have those special people who you can still talk to, regardless of how long it has been since you last spoke. If someone isn't keen on meeting up or seeing you again, then don't bother with them. I don't think there is much point making an effort for people who aren't prepared to do the same for you. Friendship really require reciprocation in my mind.

So without further ado, I thought I would give you a few ideas on how you could ask your friends to meet up if you haven't seen them in awhile!


1. Simply send a Text or a Facebook Message!
Sometimes it may be as easy as sending a text saying "Want to meet for Coffee?" or having a quick catch up and arrangement to meet each other through Facebook. I also find, that once you have re-broken the ice by gathering up the courage to start chatting to the person again and catching up, you seem to message each other regularly for awhile. The worst thing that can happen is that you get rejected, which rarely happens. I can't comprehend some peoples' fear or anxiety to say hey to their friends they haven't seen in ages. If you don't try you won't get anywhere!!!

2. Skype Calls!!!
Another great way to stay in contact or reconnect with friends or even family is to add them on skype and engage in conversation through a skype call. The best thing about skype is that group chats are also available on it, so you can talk to various people if you are a bit shy about facing someone on your own and trying to catch up. I have had a few group chats this summer and I have also chatted to my aunt and a friend independantly through it too! My mum is an avid user of skype and I definitely understand why! It is easy to use and it's free. Why not use it?


3. Throw a party, a barbeque or some sort of Group Activity!!! 

Organising group activities can be an extremely fun way of meeting with the people you've missed for the most part of the academic year. It won't be as awkward as meeting with one person alone as many people are involved with the activity. Parties, beach trips or days outs can be a great solution to your reluctance to get in contact with people as the primary objective is to have fun. There is no need to be stressing about how awkward it won't. If you have a plan for the day, there definitely won't be any awkward silences.




Are you planning on meeting up with some old friends any time soon? 


Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Cool yet simple ideas, loving it! Group activity is definitely my favourite one.
    I'm kind of having a hard time with my friends at the moment, so my blog is the only thing that helps me to cope with current boredom haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you! If you ever need to talk to anyone, pop me a pm on twitter doll! X

      Delete
    2. Awww, that's so lovely. You're amazing xxx

      Delete
    3. You're welcome. :)
      I don't feel that anyone deserves to be lonely to be honest. :)

      Delete
  2. nice!
    http://befashion31.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  4. Great tips, sometimes when we are fr we forgot to connect with our loved ones and it's really easy to do it. Thanks for sharing your tips
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I think people need to understand that we get busy and stuff also. But if you make the effort to message now and again a friendship should be sustained :)

      Delete
  5. Have a lovely time with your friends! I'll be using Skype to keep up with all my friends and family this summer! Then when I come back I have a few other friends to see before heading back to Pompey! Simply sending a message is good if they're not close at the time :) xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I totally agree! Will you be updating your blog about France?

      Delete
  6. I love bbqs and so quite a few with friends during summer :) Great tips!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am all for #3 ;) Great tips, Ellen.
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!