My mother's make up!

09:00:00



Like most girls, I believe I was first introduced to make up and the whole concept of it through my mother. Do you remember those days when you'd go through your mums stash and try on any items of hers, regardless of whether or not you used it properly!! The days of it being acceptable to wear excessive amounts of blusher or bronzer are long behind me.


Now that I am nineteen years old and have built up my own personal collection of products I like and use on myself, I can't help but nosey through my mum's make up bag and see what items she carries around with her. I thought it was interesting that she bought herself a Rimmel London Kate Moss red lipstick after seeing mine.

Anyway, I proceeded to scurry through the rest of her cosmetic treasures. I thought it would be an interesting and different post to share some of the items she's been keeping, some which I may rob when I get bored of using the same products I have used on pretty much a daily basis.

So let's move on to some of my top picks from my mum's make up bag that I will be trying in the next few weeks.




These first items are the foundation and blusher my mum uses on pretty much a daily basis at the moment. The foundation is the No7 Stay Perfect Foundation in the shade cool beige. I am not sure how this colour would suit me, but I would love to give it a try because I have never given the brand No7 a try before. The Blusher is in the shade honey and in many ways reminds me a lot of "Coralista", a blush by benefit,  but it definitely is a bit more orange toned than Coralista in my opinion,




Next we have two red lipsticks which I thought were interesting enough to put in this post. The one in the Black Packaging is a Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 01, a very prominent rose red colour, quite comparable to MAC Russian Red. The second one is a lipstick with impeccable silver packaging from Clinque in the shade Cranberry Cream. It is kind of a brown-y red with more of a glossy finish which I would love to try one of these days on my lips.




Finally onto a few eye products I spotted in her stash. Her holy grail mascara is the Rimmel Lash accelerator. I have probably used this on before, but I do not recall what it looks like, so I'd definitely like to try this and see what it looks like.

She also has two products from essence. I was never a fan of their eyeshadow sets, but for some reason my mother has one in these awful green and blue tone shades. I think they may suit her better because she has blue eyes where as mine are hazel. However, she does own a brown eyeliner from essence also. I much prefer using brown pencils and eyeshadows to line my eyes because they are much more natural looking, so this gets a big plus in my mind.



Have you tried any of these products? Or do you go through your mother's or even your sister's make up stash? Please let me know in the comments!!

Bye for now, 
Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x




FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin










You Might Also Like

31 comments

  1. I am yet to find a good foundation, my skin is the worst haha! I adore those 2 lipsticks x

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you could definitely give No7 a go. :)
      Also I use rimmel london foundations and Benefit Hello Flawless incase you were wondering.

      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x x

      Delete
  2. Hey! Love the blog! Very Nice!
    Check out mine and if you like it folllow me with GFC! Leave a comment so i can follow you back <3
    http://straplesss.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like my blog, however could you refrain from advertising your own blog.
      If you leave the link I will always check out your blog but only follow if I am genuinely interested in it.

      Thanks,
      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x

      Delete
  3. This is such a great idea! I haven't gone through my mom's makeup in so long. Definitely time to ask her what she uses nowadays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to do a beauty post that I'd never seen on the blogging network before so this came to mind. :)

      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x x x x

      Delete
  4. Aww such a lovely post! Might have to do one of these too, it's so true! I remember trying on my mam's make up and loving trying on all her perfumes and looking at her jewellery! She rarely wears make up and neither do I, if we do, we always go pretty natural. She used to wear gorgeous dark berry lipstick, she is quite brown with dark brown hair and is just gorgeous! xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber. I just wanted to do a beauty post that I had never seen anybody do before. :)
      Wow I bet she looked lovely with the lipstick. :D
      Let me know if you post about this. :)

      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x x x

      Delete
  5. I love the colour of those lipticks! My mum always used No7 as well, think it's a mum product in general ah :) I used to find make up so exciting as a kid.

    Meme xx

    Latest Post:
    'Magic Is Everywhere'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is. I think clinque kind of is too! :)
      I know, now it's such a normal thing.


      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x x x x x

      Delete
  6. This is such a an interesting post, I love the Kate Moss lipstick! I actually used to use that No7 foundation as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you Alice. :)
      I love all of kate moss lipsticks. They're so good for the price.

      Ellen,
      http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

      Delete
  7. I love going through my mom's makeup stash! Her favorite mascara is the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes. She bought three of them during their last sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you think of that mascara, I might try it once my current ones run out. :)

      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x x x x

      Delete
  8. What a fun post! My mom actually never wore makeup... lucky her! but my sister did and I remember going through her makeup bag when I was younger haha she hated it :P

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do a post with what is in your sisters make up bag or something.
      I would totally read it. :)

      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x x x x

      Delete
  9. I used to go through my mom's makeup stash and put on her high heels and pretend am going to work :D .. great post

    http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of us did. I am glad you liked this one :D

      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x x x x

      Delete
  10. Going through your mom's makeup collection is always fun! My mom introduced me to makeup as well. The first mascara she bought me was Maybelline Great Lash in the pink and green tube, which used to be a favorite of hers. It's the perfect mascara for any makeup starter kit. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh I am so glad you liked it :)
      I will definitely try and find that mascara in shops if I can.


      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x x x x

      Delete
  11. Yes! I used to love going through my mums makeup when I was younger :D

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still do it! Does that make me sound really young? Hahaha :)

      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x x x x

      Delete
  12. I don't use makeup, so I haven't gone through my mom's stash, but if ever I get around to learning how to use makeup, going through my mom's stash would be a good idea! She's had many more years to find products that work for her, so it'd be a good place for me to start :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely a great idea. :)

      Ellen,
      x x x x x x x x

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you very much :D

      Ellen,
      http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

      Delete
  14. Interesting products.. I love the lipstick!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. loved the lipstick shades...

    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!