5 Health and Fitness Tips for Beginners!

18:15:00



Hello lovely people, I hope you are all well!
As promised in  one of my last posts , I am writing a post about fitness. I thought I would begin with a few of my tips for those who are beginning an exercise routine!


1. Exercise in the morning - I think it's better to exercise in the morning, especially if you are somebody who is beginning to exercise a bit more. You most likely dread the thought of jumping on a treadmill for half an hour a day. If you do it in the morning then it's out of the way and you don't need to worry about it for the rest of the day. It also increases your appetite for your breakfast and you feel more satisfied afterwards. The morning is the perfect time to get up and moving because you can do it before you shower, eat your breakfast and apply your make up for the day.


2. Pace yourself - If you haven't done a proper bit of exercise for a few months, there is no way on earth you can begin sprinting the distances of an athlete. The best thing is to pace yourself. Personally, when I run on the treadmill, my main exercise at the moment, I start slowly initially and gradually build up my speed.


3. Track your progress - Do you feel like this whole exercise and getting fit for summer thing just isn't working? Why not track your progress? I use an app called "Fitness pal" where I record my meals on a daily basis as well as my exercise. The app is very goal orientated and gives you a certain calorie limit based on your weight, height, activity level and desired weight i.e to maintain weight, gain or lose weight. I feel like using an app can be very rewarding. If you are trying to lose weight, remember that it is best to weigh yourself in the morning and have not drank any water or eaten any food.


4. Reward yourself - I believe it is extremely important to reward yourself when you are getting fit. Maybe treat yourself to a pizza every week or fortnight? It's your choice to decide on the little treat you deserve after all your hard work. 


5. Keep realistic goals - It's extremely important to keep realistic goals in terms of fitness. Maybe you want to be able to walk further than you did yesterday? No matter what your goals are, be sure to make sure they are achievable. Getting fit and losing weight is a slow and ongoing process. 



What tips do you have for staying fit?


Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x




       FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I used to do pilates in the mornings. Gives a lot of energy for the entire day! Quite regret now that I stopped attending pilates classes :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh it's okay. You could always start again or even try something new. :)

      Delete
  2. I am deffo a morning person! I can't wait for exams to be done so I have time to cook decent meals and exercise again! I've just been eating whatever i have or whatever is fastest. Exaaaaamsss gaaahhh :( I have fallen in love with yoga, I use yogawithadrienne videos and I love them! When I don't have exams I eat healthy naturally anyway, lots of variety, lots of veggies :D xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel it's way better to get it all out of the way in the morning. :)
      I know. I am finished my exams now so I have that freedom. :)
      It can be so easy to get caught up in your study and not realise that you aren't eating the healthiest option.

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to start working out in the morning, it will give me a boost of energy and I won't be awake enough to make up excuses, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha great! Let me know how you get on :)

      Delete
  4. You have an amazing blog! What you think of follow for follow?

    xoxo
    BLOG // FB PAGE // BLOG'S GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rita :)
      I will definitely make sure to check out your blog.
      However I would much rather you make comments related to the post rather than one that promotes your own blog.

      Delete
  5. Love these tips! All are very true, I love to workout in the mornings sometimes in the evenings. I just love a nice walk at night.

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you dread it the morning is the best!

      Delete

  6. A proper idea gives you positive result that you need to share a lifetime of your around,
    we can give you some information on the importance of www.strongerhealthfitness.com,They are
    understanding, and reacting appropriately to your needs.for more,

    Fitness Tips

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!