5 Health and Fitness Tips for Beginners!18:15:00
As promised in one of my last posts , I am writing a post about fitness. I thought I would begin with a few of my tips for those who are beginning an exercise routine!
1. Exercise in the morning - I think it's better to exercise in the morning, especially if you are somebody who is beginning to exercise a bit more. You most likely dread the thought of jumping on a treadmill for half an hour a day. If you do it in the morning then it's out of the way and you don't need to worry about it for the rest of the day. It also increases your appetite for your breakfast and you feel more satisfied afterwards. The morning is the perfect time to get up and moving because you can do it before you shower, eat your breakfast and apply your make up for the day.
2. Pace yourself - If you haven't done a proper bit of exercise for a few months, there is no way on earth you can begin sprinting the distances of an athlete. The best thing is to pace yourself. Personally, when I run on the treadmill, my main exercise at the moment, I start slowly initially and gradually build up my speed.
3. Track your progress - Do you feel like this whole exercise and getting fit for summer thing just isn't working? Why not track your progress? I use an app called "Fitness pal" where I record my meals on a daily basis as well as my exercise. The app is very goal orientated and gives you a certain calorie limit based on your weight, height, activity level and desired weight i.e to maintain weight, gain or lose weight. I feel like using an app can be very rewarding. If you are trying to lose weight, remember that it is best to weigh yourself in the morning and have not drank any water or eaten any food.
4. Reward yourself - I believe it is extremely important to reward yourself when you are getting fit. Maybe treat yourself to a pizza every week or fortnight? It's your choice to decide on the little treat you deserve after all your hard work.
5. Keep realistic goals - It's extremely important to keep realistic goals in terms of fitness. Maybe you want to be able to walk further than you did yesterday? No matter what your goals are, be sure to make sure they are achievable. Getting fit and losing weight is a slow and ongoing process.
What tips do you have for staying fit?
x x x x x x x x x x x x