Nutella Icing Cupcake recipe!

09:00:00



I have recently come home from university for a two week break! I wanted to treat my family to something I know they'd love so I thought the simplest idea was to make some cupcakes!!! I mean, I love baking, so it was ideal! To spice the icing up a bit I opted to make it Nutella flavoured and add a few almonds sprinkled on top!

I simply followed a basic cupcake recipe for the ingredients and just added about 4 tablespoons of Nutella for the icing!

For the cupcakes, you will need:

175g of self raising flour
110g of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
110g of soft margarine or butter
2 large eggs
50ml of water/milk
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract

For the icing, you will need:

170g of softened butter
225g of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of nutella
  1. Sieve the flour and add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl!

2. Then measure out other ingredients you will need such as butter. You may not necessarily have to weigh the butter as there is usually a measurement displayed on the packaging.


3. Once everything is measured out, make a hole in the centre of your dry ingredients. The egg will be placed here and you can begin to mix it.



4.Once you have mixed the egg a little bit, add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until it is in that cupcake consistency. If you don't know what that is, just take a note of how it looks in the picture.


5. Once all the ingredients have been mixed you can choose some cute cupcake cases for your cupcakes. I picked these purple ones because I thought they were adorable! Then you must fill the cupcakes about half way. Be careful about how far you will them up as mine rose a bit too high when I was making my cupcakes.

6. While the cupcakes are baking, feel free to start preparing the icing. I simply just mixed 4 tablespoons of Nutella, a tablespoon of vanilla extract, icing sugar and butter. You can also add a bit of milk if you want. This was my end result which I placed into an icing bag. This is the first time I ever used an icing bag!!


7. Prepare some toppings of your choice. Here are a few ideas I came up with. In the end I just opted for some almonds which I crushed by putting in a bag and hitting the bag!!!



 8. Once the buns have cooled, put your icing on however you wish!





This recipe makes about 8 cupcakes. I really hoped you liked this post as I really love to bake and show what I have created!!


As always I will see you soon, also feel free to leave baking suggestions in the comments.

Ellen
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin



You Might Also Like

4 comments

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!