My small Lipstick collection!

09:00:00


Hey Guys! 
I feel like I really need to introduce my posts with a greeting like this lately. I don't know why. Anyway, lately I have really gotten into lip products, lipstick in particular and over the past few weeks I have started to form a collection. I am obviously not a millionaire so I am not going to conjure up a large collection so quickly. I just wanted a small variety of products that I could wear instead of my plain old nude lip crayon! So I decided I would purchase a few products that I'd be at least willing to try on my lips.






So the first product I knew was a must have in any lipstick collection was the Rimmel London Kate Moss 107. I may be a bit late on the bandwagon getting this product. But there is no doubt that this is a product that will stay a firm favourite to every beauty blogger for an extremely long time.

I really don't like bright cherry reds on me, so I think this is a perfect alternative for me. I remember when I was in France I lost this (temporarily) and was devastated, and delighted when it was returned to me. It has such good lasting power and is a lovely shade on me.







This next product is also in the same range as the 107, except it has the black packaging. This is shade number 30 and I believe it is a very similar shade to my 107, except it has slightly more undertones. I have only worn it once so far but I loved wearing it and it got the thumbs up from my boyfriend also!








This third product I believe was kind of an impulse buy. I didn't want to be boring and just go for nudes and reds so I thought; "why not add a pop pink to my collection"? There was a deal the day I opted for this so I bought it without hesitance. I'm not sure if the colour does me justice. My friend Moya advised me to wear it and I'll eventually grow to like it. I hope she's right because it is a beautiful colour, I just don't know if it suits my complexion.








If anyone didn't know, I can get very intimidated by stores and stalls of the big make-up brands like "MAC", "Bobbi Brown" or even "Urban Decay". I think I feel a bit judged on whether or not I make a purchase or how knowledgeable in beauty and make up I seem. I managed to rake up the courage to step into a MAC store.

Awhile ago, I had a purple lipstick which I absolutely loved. I think it was from essence, but eventually I think I just lost it. I really had some sort of attachment to it. That's when I knew I wanted a similar shade in a MAC lipstick. There's no point spending 20 euro on a lipstick if you barely ever use it which is why I wanted to be in love with the shade before making a purchase. I had a look at some of the berry shades on the lipstick counter, took some swatches and tested them on my lips and I finally decided on a product.

This product is the lipstick called "Up the amp". It is an amplified as suggested by the name and I am extremely in love with it. My favourites are drawing between this one and the 107!! I feel like this product is very long lasting and moisturising which are all desirable attributes in a product for me.





Anyway, I leave you with a picture of the swatches in chronological order. This picture was taken with flash on my camera. I think all of the shades are beautiful without a doubt!



What do you think of my lipstick products? Do you have any Holy grail lip products?
If so, be sure to inform me on your recommendations in the comments. 


I'll as always see you soon, 


Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin







You Might Also Like

35 comments

  1. What pretty shades! The Kate Moss shades are so reasonable & good value for money :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the kate moss ones. Thank you :D

      Delete
  2. I am so in love with the 107 and the MAC one too; get what you mean I don't have any MAC stores close to where I live but been to one and I have always wanted to try a berry purplish lipstick loved it on Zoe and just didnt have the courage to do it. Also, its Spring now do you think its too late or? Think its better suited at Autumn and Winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! I am just wearing what I want. I don't think it's ever too late but I probably will wear more nudes and pinks for spring. :D

      Delete
    2. Aha! Yep going take the leap of faith & thanks for the inspiration x

      Delete
    3. You're most certainly welcome!

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful. Really want to try Kate Moss shades <3

    https://lifecellaustralia.com.au/products/cell-infuse-oxygen/

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing colors! i actually got similar to the one from MAC but mine is matte lipstick from MUA :) which I will share soon on my blog

    xx
    http://www.mycupofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be checking it out because MUA are so affordable! :D

      Delete
  5. gorgeous shades! you've got a great little collection :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win the rose gold GHD styler and hairdryer on my blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these colors are gorgeous! I am trying to find the perfect red, I buy reds but once I try them all they are not the bright one that I was looking for. I really like that first one :)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend the 107! I've heard good things about mac Russian red too!

      Delete
  7. I love the Kate Moss lipsticks, they're my favourite drugstore lipsticks! I have 107 too :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good. I might get another one or two!

      Delete
  8. Up the Amp is such a gorgeous MAC lipstick - lovely choice! You have a fab selection :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to pick something kind of unique for my first mac lipstick to be honest! Thanks Karen!

      Delete
  9. I have the Rimmel lipsticks you mentioned, but the smell kind of bothers me! I know what you mean about Mac counters, so what I do is research online so I know exactly what I want to buy, that way I can ask for specific products to try then possibly buy.
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the smell is kind of artificial but it doesn't bother me because application is so quick!

      Delete
  10. Those are all so gorgeous! I really want to try the Kate collection, although I'm not sure if we have it here in the states. Great post! :)

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you :D
      Hopefully you do. <3
      But you have stores like Sephora which we don't have here.

      Delete
  11. I love that MAC lipstick! I believe it's one of the best products on the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it mainly for the shade but the quality is impeccable!

      Delete
  12. Great colors!! Fantastic post!
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom



    ReplyDelete
  13. this is awesome :) i really hope you're having an amazing day!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your collecion ! The Mac lipstick is so pretty !
    xoxo

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the first one, so pretty! Do you want to follow each other? Let me know in my blog if you want :)
    http://rustorstardust.blogspot.pt/ **

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thanks :) I'll check out your blog and follow you if I like it

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!