My trip to the benefit counter!

11:30:00


I really wanted to write this post yesterday, but honestly I was a little stressed. A little, is a slight understatement. I went into town yesterday and I was blissfully unaware that protests were going on, meaning that the life of Dublin bus had come to a halt. Buses weren't running which meant it wasn't the easiest task to get home, a 4km journey. Luckily enough some buses weren't disrupted and I caught one whilst I had started to walk home. So that was problem number 1. Problem number 2 is that I lost one of my Christmas gifts, a one-for-all voucher. Luckily I had about 80% of it spent but I feel very,very stupid. There was 56 euro left on the voucher and as a student money doesn't come by very often. Anyways I am going on a bit of a tangent...

What wasn't stressful about yesterday is that I went to the benefit make-up counter in Brown Thomas. Before Christmas, I had bought a few items there and because of that I was given a voucher for a make-up lesson at the end of January!!





So, yesterday was the day of my appointment. So I came in at three o clock, the time of my appointment, where I was seated. A lovely man was dealing with me. He was just sampling products of different kinds on my face to entice me to buy them, This is very easy to do to me seeing as I love benefit make up already.

He put some of the "Hello Flawless!" foundation and powder (which I already have!) on my face. Before this he put some of the "porefection", a primer on my face. I really needed a primer and I always had my eyes on this one.

After this he applied some new product they have. I believe it is called "Puff off" and is available here! This is an eye gel which reduces puffiness, feels cool under the eyes and brightens them up overall! I could really see the difference when he put this on me. However, I don't think it's for me. 

Finally he put some "Coralista" blush on me. I currently have the "Dandelion" blush which is beautiful, a gorgeous pinky colour. But this one was peach and much more spring-summer appropriate, in my opinion. 




After the demonstration of the products, the sales assitant asked me if I wanted to purchase anything. After much deliberation I decided to get the "Coralista" blusher and "the porefessional". The sales assistant was kind enough to offer me a free moisturizer also! 


I had a very worthwhile trip and learned a lot. Benefit are also having another make-up session on valentines. I think their main focus this day is on the lips and the cheeks. Their theme is something like "The flush of love". I was invited to come back for valentine's day which I am extra excited about. My boyfriend better have some great plans for Valentines day!!! 

If you would like an appointment for yourself, I would recommend going into your local benefit counter and inquiring. 




 Thank you guys for reading and as always I will see you later. :)

Ellen
x x x x x x x x x x

Facebook. Twitter. Instagram. Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. That's awesome that you were invited back! Haha hope your boyfriend has something nice planned for you ;)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :) It's really good :D
      I am excited. :D
      I hope he has something planned :)

      Ellen,
      http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

      Delete
  2. I keep on hearing great things about Benefit, but don't have any Benefit stores around where I live;(! N'aw you guys are like relationship goals at the moment! Haha!

    Great review Ellen♥!
    My Blog ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwh thanks :) Btw I haven't seen you comment on here for awhile. :)
      Benefit counters are normally in places like brown thomas, debenhams, house of fraiser etc. :D
      You could always order online too :)

      Delete
    2. Haha! No problem :)! Ah! I know, I haven't had time to blog at all to be honest with school, homework etc been a bit hectic. Trying to find a place for it to fit in to my hectic schedule! Thank you, never knew that will definitley be checking it out :)x

      Delete
    3. Well, that's where I go. Mainly Brown Thomas. :)
      Yeah it is really hard to fit it in to the schedule.
      I have started to schedule and plan posts for the month, I got a diary for 2015 so I can plan all college and blog stuff mainly. :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely purchases! The free moisturiser is a great extra too!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely time, the people at the Benefit counter are always so friendly! :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favourite high end brand. :)
      They feel way more approachable and way less chaotic than mac. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, I would love to try the coralista!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about a crappy day, I hate those! I once lost a Christmas gift.. actually that was recently but I ended up finding it thankfully. Good thing you had most of it used though but it still sucks at the same time.

    Love the idea of someone helping you I would be lost and wouldn't know what to buy. I love that he also threw in an item for free, that is awesome!! :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it yesterday and I am so happy now :) yeah he was such a lovely guy :)

      Delete
  7. Hello, Ellen :)
    I nominated you for Liebster Award. If you are interested, check out my blog timewithyana.blogspot.com to read more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the third time I was nominated so I'll deffo have a look :)

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your invitation to Benefit! Great post! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you got some great products, and the little pamper hopefully made up for your bad day xx

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coralista is such a pretty colour <3 xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!