Why having a blog is the hobby to have?

07:00:00




Blogging used to be a hobby that some people used to mock. However, that has most definitely changed. With the increasing impact of bloggers and youtubers like Zoella, Tanya Burr and Niomi Smart, blogging is a hobby that more and more people are partaking in.

Since I have started my blog I have really fallen in love with it. I just love sharing thoughts and ideas I have and getting instant feedback! I thought I would share my reasons in a small post why keeping a blog is a great hobby to have!






Reasons to Start and Keep a Blog!

  1. Keeping a blog makes you more aware of how dangerous the internet can be.

     Although we use the internet on a daily basis nowadays, we often forget that it can be a potentially dangerous place. People are unaware of how many people can obtain information you've posted, whether it's on Facebook, Blogger, Twitter or Instagram. My eyes were really opened to this when I was browsing around the blogger website and seeing the countries of residents of my readers! Most of my readers are from Ireland. However there are many also in the UK and the US as well as fewer amounts in places as bizarre as the Bahamas. This means that people all over the world can see your content and it makes you more concious of the things you are posting. It may also change the way you interact on Facebook and other platforms.
  2. Blogging is an extremely fun way of being creative and letting your voice be heard.People underestimate the amount of work that goes into blogging. You don't just type a post, click publish! Pictures need to accompany posts, making them easier to read. That entails taking and editing photos. I spent a solid hour with my friend Freddie taking photos for an OOTD post. Blogging also requires a lot of interaction and promotion to be successful and gain a crowd of loyal readers.

    Despite all of this work, when a lot of passion and devotion is absorbed by a post, it really comes across. A blog has no boundaries. You can discuss anything you want to discuss in a very creative way!
  3.   Blogging is a great way to talk to new people and make new friends!

    Blogging is a hobby of interaction. You write posts full of your passion and enthusiasm and read other interesting posts full of equal amounts of passion and enthusiasm. It can be very easy to find people you have mutual interests with when you are searching for blogs similar to your own.

    I have spoken to a few lovely people on twitter! (You know who you are and hi if you're reading).

    The beauty and fashion blogging communities in particular are areas which are very easy to meet new friends.


  4. Blogs can help you learn stuff.I'm sure many people had their eyes opened to the impacts of eating meat often on my recent post on vegetarianism (available here). This is something they learned. Aren't I right?

    The content on blogs may not be educational or enhance your knowledge, but you may learn something from other posts on other blogs. I, personally love to read reviews on beauty products and cosmetics. This gives me a bit of an insight to products and may aid my decision in whether to get them or not.

    Ever since I have started blogging, my interest in beauty products has grown and there is so much more I want to try! 


These are just a few of many reasons why blogging is a great past time to have. If you are considering starting a blog maybe these ideas will convince you :)



I will see you guys soon!
Ellen
x x x x x x x x x x

                                                 
Facebook. Twitter. Instagram. Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. All so true, blogging is such a great way to meet and talk to knew people. Just love reading everyones blog and see how different everyone else is. Great post :) :)
    Also blogging is our fave hobby, too much fun! hehe

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K so I hate spelling mistakes and I don't want to delete this whole comment.. I mean meet *new* people LOL :P Sorry about that!

      Delete
    2. So glad you enjoyed this post!

      Delete
  2. Fab post idea :) I wrote a post about hoe people used to mock blogging a while back. Love your reasons, all so true. I love the interaction so so much, and the things you learn from researching, writing, reading other blogs and discussing things is so great! I've also learnt html and other techy blogging things, blogging comes with a whole new set of skills so it's a very versatile hobby :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thanks :)
      Yeah, people would be surprised how much you learn from researching. Also when somebody writes an informative post they have either researched it a lot or just know about it or a bit of both so in away it's a teaching act too :)

      Delete
  3. ohh awesome post :) i always love reading your blog!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear! Welcome to this blogging world and I hope you enjoy a lot!
    xx
    Mónica
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :D
      I have been in the blogging world for more than half a year now. :)
      I'm enjoying it just fine.
      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  5. I love blogging and definitely recommend others do it! I think it is good for learning so much and meeting a fab new community of people. x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree with you, thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  6. All so very true, great post :)

    www.londonmckenzie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post :) I love blogging and my favorite thing is expressing myself, talking about what I love and making new friends who also have the same interests as me!


    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks I am so glad you like it. :)
      This blogging world is a really positive place. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Ellen! Boy, that's the truth that blogging takes a whole lot of work. Not only do you have to come up with the post ideas, you have to make them interesting to your readers and make them easy to read (hate when I can't read a post because it has strange formatting or an overly-stylish font!). But it certainly is worth it.

    Love your blog here. Just found it, but you've earned a new follower! Keep it up. :)

    ~Eve
    http://eveofnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you like my blog and I will definitely be checking yours out. :)

      It really takes so much work and dedication to spice up your blog. I can't agree with you more when you can't read a font it's pretty annoying.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!