River Island Bargains OOTD!

07:00:00


Since I started my blog, I always had the intentions of having an outfit of the day (OOTD) post on it. The idea in theory is great, getting feedback on the things you wear and just take photos of those outfits. I soon realised that in practice, taking pictures which actually display elements of the outfit such as footwear and necklaces was much more difficult than I originally thought. That is why I was absolutely ecstatic when my friend Freddie Greenall, a guy who is very interested in photography and cinematography kindly volunteered to take some pictures for me. I am extremely grateful for all the time and effort that was taken into these pictures. I think they came out pretty well to be honest! I really hope you guys like this outfit!




 This outfit displays two pieces I bought online in River Island in the sale which came shortly after Christmas. I have already shared a post on the fabulous boots I got which is available here. I loved the mixture of the blue-y navy and black colours in the dress as well as the stripes at the ends of the sleeves and the collar. I added a gold and pink necklace I bought a while ago in Primark/Penneys with the dress to lift the outfit slightly.





Finally, on my feet were the gorgeous black boots I got in River Island. I am so content with this purchase, even though I was initally skeptical. They were everything I expected. Firstly, they make me taller which is only a blessing for a 5"2 girl who is longing to grow. They also give me enough support around the ankles and they aren't flimsy or precarious. I predict that these shoes will last for awhile and this makes me so happy!




Featured Items 
T shirt Dress - River Island (available here
Boots - River Island (available here
Necklace - Primark / Penneys 
Bracelets - Gifts


I really really hope that you guys enjoy this outfit post and I will hopefully get the chance to do more this year.

I'll see you soon,
Ellen

x x x x x x x x x x


FacebookTwitter. Instagram. Bloglovin.

You Might Also Like

33 comments

  1. I love your boots!
    As for me, i am planning on making these kind of posts for my blog as well! I really enjoy reading these kind of posts :)

    www.gguiltypleasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you!!! I will definitely check out your posts also. :)

      Delete
  2. They're really nice boots, I don't think I could pull that sort of style off but they're lovely, and a really nice outfit too, I take it primark has a different name in Ireland?

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you like the outfit. I totally agree that they only suit a certain style. I wanted black boots for ages which is why I got them cause they were a bargain.

      And yes primark is called Penneys in Ireland. I think I call it primark sometimes because I'm always watching primark hauls on YouTube and stuff.

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty dress, love the texture!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing that initially attracted me to it :)

      Delete
  4. Great outfit! I love the dress and necklace :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they looked nice paired together. <3
      Thanks Jessica :D

      Delete
  5. I love the outfit, the dress is lovely! I also love the new layout of your blog!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much. <3
      Yeah I wanted to give it a cleaner, more polished look. :)

      Delete
  6. First, Ellen I love your OOTD. The dress is so pretty and you wear it beautifully. The necklace....awesome! The booties adds an edgy touch to the look, gorgeous! Second, I love the new design of your blog. Well done.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting a comment like this from somebody who is constantly posting fashion things on their blog is like a little dream come through. Awh thanks so much Lenya, I am so flattered by your comment. Also thanks for the comment on my blog design, I have been working on it a lot recently so it's great that it shows. :)

      Delete
  7. Loving these pictures!! Beautiful!!
    xx
    Valentina
    http://fashionneed09.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thanks so much. So happy you like these. I worked quite hard on them. :)

      Delete
  8. Love these boots - Riverisland is always a trustworthy shop!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I love River Island so much. <3

      Delete
  9. Lovely outfit you look great :) x

    http://lilyslittlehideout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! Love the necklace and dress!! You can't go wrong with all black :)


    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those boots are cute!! Look better in person (well in picture for me hehe) Such a cute outfit love the all black look. These photos are beautiful!

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/foralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks so much guys. They were pretty much everything I was expecting and they make me taller and aren't difficult to walk in so it's all good. :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks. I am so happy you like the dress so much :)

      Delete
  13. I love River Island!
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of their items are just on point! :3

      Delete
  14. I love this kind of dresses! This is my fave <3 http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=450706729&pid=uid7441-25962271-17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really wanted to try the t-shirt styled dress. I think it's really nice and kind of more casual :)

      Delete
  15. Great dress, love the fabric and print!
    You've styled these boots so well!

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :D
      So glad you like this outfit. :)

      Delete
  16. That is such a lovely dress on you and you perfectly accessorized it! Love the boots, it gave the outfit a grundgy vibe!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I kind of mixed grunge and a girly look together :3

      Delete
  17. Oooh love those shoes so so so much! I am dying for a pair like them, but I can't justify it when I have so many black boots already haha! xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!