My Favorite brand of Make up!

07:00:00

My small, but growing make up collection.

For somebody who classifies themselves as a beauty blogger, I am most certainly lacking in beauty related blog posts. I believe I have one beauty post which is a crappy post with horrendous photographs of my foundation collection. Anyways, I was determined to change this and I thought that this post would be a good way to start!




For years, when I lacked money for one thing and experience with make up, a lot of the products I got were predominantly from the cheaper high street stores like Boots. I used to have products like Rimmel London Wake Me Up foundation and essence eye shadow etc. There is nothing wrong with these products as well. They just wouldn't be my preferred options and would be used every day as opposed to special occasions. High street make up brands are more widely available and easier to grab a hold of.

When I started University and settled down in the capital, Dublin, a place which has the top notch shops like "Brown Thomas" and "Debenhams", unlike my hometown, which sell the higher end brands, I started to explore the more expensive make up brands like Mac and Urban Decay. After collecting many products belonging to this brand, "Benefit" definitely has become my favorite brand of make up.


There are numerous reasons why this brand are most favorable, in my mind. Firstly, the packaging of the products is so pretty and girly. I was instantly attracted to benefit because of the stand in Brown Thomas. I don't know, I thought it was very girly and youthful, my kind of things. Incidentally I came to love it. Although some of the products can be pricey, Benefit most certainly do not decline in quality. I absolutely adore the "Hello Flawless" foundations. I think they feel very nice on the skin and are very natural looking. Finally I love how the products normally come with the most adorable leaflets with instructions and tips on how to apply the products. I believe this would be very helpful to people who are experimenting and trying new make up products out!


In my current Benefit collection I have...
Hello Flawless Foundation - Available here!
Hello Flawless Powder - Available here!
Dandelion Blusher - Available here!
They're Real Mascara - Available here!
Big Beautiful Eyes (Eye Shadow Palette) - Available here! 



Which Make Up brands are you loving at the moment? Also, do you have any recommendations on products I should try? Let me know in the comments!



Thank you so so much for reading :) 
I will, as always see you soon 
Ellen 
x x x x x x x x x xFacebookTwitter. Instagram. Bloglovin.

You Might Also Like

34 comments

  1. I have your same benefit cosmetic and I love it

    GREAT POST
    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any Benefit products but I've read a bunch of good things about them. I should really give them a shot and try them out!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are so fab. I got my products in Brown Thomas and when I started I bought three of their products and got a free moisturiser and concealer. I'd advise to try the "Hello Flawless" foundation, it's so fab!

      Delete
  3. what a lovely blog post!!

    had a great read!!

    love your blog

    would love to see you over on my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jade
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic beauty products, Ellen. I am still using the khol liner by rimmel, it's my holy grail. The only one that doesn't smudge.
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed this. I've used that liner before too haha :)

      Delete
  5. You have gathered some great makeup goodies, I also love Urban Decay Naked palettes!
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you think so. :)
      I think I am going to get a new palette soon :)

      Delete
  6. Amazing products, I love Naked palette!!!
    Keep on smiling!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the naked palettes too! Glad you enjoyed this post!

      Delete
  7. I <3 Benefit! They have such cute packaging. You might want to check on The Balm as well! I did a post about their neutral eyeshadow palette here:

    http://coocooforcoco.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-balm-nude-tude-palette-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely like to read your review on that eyeshadow palette :) Thanks :)

      Delete
  8. benefit rules! fantastic products, adorable packaging!
    following you on bloglovin' and twitter. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thanks so much. I will definitely have a look at your blog anyways!

      Delete
  9. Would love to try that mascara. To be honest we are not really into make up a whole bunch. Mostly just lipsticks haha We are pretty simple. Great collection you got started though :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralsandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have Christmas money to spend to expand my collection. There have been a lot of good things said about the mascara and I really recommend it. :)

      Delete
  10. I agree that Benefit packaging is so cute- In all honesty though, I've not been impressed with most of the Benefit products I've tried :(

    The only exception is their Gimme Brow- I love that and would never be without it.

    Have you tried anything from Make Up Revolution? They aren't high end- in fact they are exactly the opposite but I love what I've tried from them!

    Katrina | thechatterfox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love benefit, particularly the mascara and the foundations. I don't think their eye shadows are worth it. I'd rather spend the money on a naked palette. :)

      I haven't tried make up revolution's products yet. But I'd love to hear your recommendations thanks. :)

      Delete
  11. I seriously want to try Hello Flawless foundation! Do you think it will suits dry skin?

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get dry skin now and again. (not that often). But I reckon it will suit. It's worth a go anyways. :)

      Delete
  12. i really need to use more benefit! i'm yet to try some of their classics

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a £60 skincare giveaway on my blog here, if you fancy joining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are great! :)
      I will definitely check out your giveaway. :D

      Delete
  13. I really like Benefit too, I use Hoola almost every day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also love Benefit products, especially their highlighters. In my opinion, the brand produces good makeup and the packaging is always fun!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm honestly not that into makeup so those leaflets with instructions would definitely be very helpful. Lol!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!