Patience is a virtue in online sales!

14:18:00







The title of this post is very odd, I know. Nonetheless it is extremely true. Patience is a virtue and having patience and waiting can be beneficial! Have you ever heard of the saying "Good things come to those who wait".

This was very relevant to me recently. I was doing a bit of online shopping on River Island, which is continuing its sale since boxing day online and in store. I came across these boots I really liked but I was a bit unsure about them. I hate buying shoes in particular on the web. My feet are the part of my body I am the most self conscious about and I feel I always need to try on shoes before committing to purchase them. However there was something about these shoes I liked and wanted. They had a bit of a heel on them which is appealing when you are below average in height and could do with a boost every now and again. At the same time they aren't the type of high shoes that are hard to walk in. I also just liked the appearance of them and have always in my mind wanted a black pair of boots.

I messaged my friend on Facebook and asked her what she thought of them. She seemed to agree that they suited my style and that they were cool! Also on sale for 24 euro for a pair of ankle boots is a total bargain!

I withheld from buying them that night and waited until the very next day to see how I felt about them. I also found a cute dress I liked and decided to order them together. This is when I noticed that the price of the shoes had fallen again! By another 10 euro making them 14 euro. I was kind of in shock!

This is probably coming across as an extremely random post. My point is that you shouldn't go crazy just because something is on sale. Prices can drop again and be even better value than they were. As a student I love to get bargains. As I am a bit wary of buying shoes especially online I am slightly reluctant to be paying out large sums of money for them.  I think paying 14 euro for shoes that were originally 50 is unbelievable. If you're unsure about an item you want to buy, I'd advise waiting to see if you really want to purchase it. Factors like price can really change your mind about these things.

What have you guys been purchasing in the sales?
I would love to know. :)
Also what do you think of the shoes!!!


I'll see you pretty soon!
Ellen
x x x x x x x x x x


Facebook. Twitter. Instagram. Bloglovin.

You Might Also Like

38 comments

  1. I actually really like those ankle boots, I think they would suit you very much :)
    I am following you now <3

    Have a nice day :)
    Aimie from The Channel Of Creation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I totally agree, same happened to me. I wanted to buy a hat last week, but couldn't made up my mind and finally went home, without the hat. Of course I regretted not buying it over the weekend, lol, went yesterday again to get the hat and guess what, the hat was 25% off.
    Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    ☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥ Happy New Year ♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you so much. I will go check your blog out and see if you like it :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for dropping by my place and leaving such a nice comment. Following back on GFC. Totally forgot to tell you that your boots are so cool. Please keep in touch. xoxo

      Delete
  3. wonderful post :) i love it! i hope you're doing well!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when things I want go on sale!!! It's such a nice and rare feeling lol

    TIFFANYXOXO.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab boots girl! Wow! I wish I'd looked for boots in the sale but I just never seem to wear them! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had patience also with online shops. Happy new year!
    I invite you to my giveaway:http://enarasthings.blogspot.com.es/2014/12/tuf-marine-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sales are very fickle so it's hard to wait it out when you find something you like. Wishing you a joyous rest of 2014! :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing shoes and the discount is amazing!!!

    Would really appreciate if we would follow each other on GFC, G+ and BL, so that we can keep in touch!
    Just started following you, waiting for you to follow back ;)

    xoxo Colli || TOBEYOUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you :)
      I'll check your blog out later and follow you :)

      Delete
  9. I love your blog sweety. would you like to follow each other?
    Love from Pakistan. xx
    www.wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll go check your blog out and if I like it I will follow you. :)

      Delete
  10. Good post!
    I love so much shop online...and in shops haha but I really love sales in everyplace!
    Kisses!!

    wwww.eldiariodeshyris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate when I buy something, go back to the same store and see it on sale!! grrr, if only I had waited lol

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Sometimes people get lucky xD

      Delete
  12. Sales are like a game : sometimes you win, sometimes you lost ;) http://valeriesdays.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the ankle boots - think they'll look fab, especially for the price! xoxo

    realisings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love sales! I don't do online shopping because I am the type of girl who needs to try on things before I buy it. But I just love when you want something end up not getting it till late and it is cheaper :D
    Love the shoes btw! Great choice.

    Happy New Year!! We wish you all the best for 2015 :)
    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great when you find an online store that have true sizes. Boohoo.com is good for this.so happy you like these shoes. All the best for 2015. :)

      Delete
  15. Just popping in to wish you a very happy New Year. May it be filled with lots of love, laughter and endless happiness.
    ☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥ Happy New Year ♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello dear! Thanks for your lovely comment :-)
    At the moment, there is something wrong with your GFC and I'm unable to follow you! :-( But I'll make sure to try again, hopefully it's something temporary! We'll keep in touch!
    Happy New Year from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You done well - those boots are gorgeous. I'm sure they will go great with outfits. Happy new year :)


    thattypicalgurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth :) happy new year to you :)

      Delete
  18. I definitely agree! Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in sales around the holidays, but they aren't always worth it!
    Happy New Year! :)

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!