New Years Resolutions!

16:07:00


The thing about New Years resolutions is that we don't know how long they are going to last. You could keep them for a day, a week, a month or perhaps the whole year (if you're extremely consistent and disciplined!) Some people aim too high! They come up with delusional ideas that they'll have a six pack in a month and a half. When it doesn't happen, they become impatient and inevitably give up! Being patient as well as realistic is the best way to be when approaching new years resolutions. It's completely counter-productive and pointless if you have the best intentions but don't actually improve on the things you want to improve on or change for 2015.

I thought I would share some of my hopes for 2015 with you guys through sharing my resolutions which I am hoping I'll stick with!





1. Improving the blog - Lately, I have really enjoyed writing my blog. With all the free time I have I find it is easier to organise myself and compose some sort of post that someone on this planet will enjoy. I intend on continuing this blog. I should be fairly active until January 19th which is when I start back in University. I am hoping to come up with some sort of time table for when or how many times a week I should post to the blog. I think once or twice a week whilst I am in University should be sufficient. I would like to get talking to more other bloggers also. I am available on twitter and email and all my other links which are provided if you want to talk with me. As well as that I would love to improve my blog in anyway I can. I am open to suggestions. :)


2. Changing how I eat - I am not that bad when it comes to my eating habits. I have in fact lost almost a stone since I started college. This is mainly because I don't eat a lot of high calorie stuff when I am in my university apartment. Having two brothers who suffer from cystic fibrosis at home means that high calorie food is always around at home. I personally prefer eating healthily. I absolutely love to make my own fresh smoothies if you haven't noticed from two previous posts I had on making smoothies. However, once Christmas came, I ate a lot of comfort food like chips and the likes. This isn't really something that makes you feel great after you eat it. I have kind of gone on a slight tangent here. I just want to continue how I was eating before Christmas. However, I would also like to reduce the amount of meat I eat and replace them with protein sources from eggs and alternatives like tofu and quorn meats. I am not saying that I am going vegetarian. Frankly, the concept of never having a chicken roll again and committing to a life style like that scares me a little. I am mainly doing it for environmental reasons. I shall be discussing this in another post.


3. Improving the social life in college - After semester 1, I don't think I really took full advantage of the facilities my University has to offer, the societies, the nights out, the other events etc. That is why next semester I really want to be more interactive and involved in college life. I have been very shy and I don't feel like I have fully come out of my shell yet.


These are my new years resolutions.
I would love to hear about your resolutions guys.

Thanks for reading and as always I will see you soon.

Ellen
x x x x x x x x x x


Facebook. Twitter. Instagram. Bloglovin.

You Might Also Like

36 comments

  1. Great resolutions here! By the way congratulations on losing nearly a stone - amazing. I hope all your resolutions go down to plan, and wish you all the best for 2015. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't need to lose weight, it just happened. :L I'm hoping they'll go to plan. All the best to you Beth!

      Delete
  2. I really like your blog!
    How about following each other? Let me know & I follow right back!

    Kiss,
    PERONALBLOG|G+|BLOGLOVIN’|FACEBOOK|INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks :) I will check out your blog really soon and see :)

      Delete
  3. I've found it so difficult to write resolutions for the first time this year. I guess it's because so much can change within a week and I can't seem to make myself plan anything, just in case! My blog is going to be my biggest priority this year though, getting involved in meet ups and just fixing the style of my blog a bit more!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep them fairly simple and you should stick to them. Good luck :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck in 2015, sounds like you have some great goals and I hope you manage to work out a time table that works for you. I know what you mean about not being able to commit, I always want to go vegan but then CHESSEEEEEEE!! How can I live without cheese?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :) yes cheese is good. :D but who cares as long as you're healthy :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely resolutions! happy new year!

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with your resolutions! i'm sure you'll do so well

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great,great post :) you have such a nice blog!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great resolutions, Ellen. Good luck with your goals. I don't do NY resolutions, sorry.
    ☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥ Happy New Year ♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your goals!! I hope you have a great 2015 :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. We always try to eat a little healthy as well, it can be hard sometimes haha. We think it's ok to go a little crazy with food during Christmas so dont worry about it ;)

    Great resolutions! We don't do those anymore we kinda never stick to them.. maybe we will say we just wanna be happy and healthy in 2015 :D

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girls. :)
      As long as we are all healthy it should be grand :)

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best for 2015! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some great goals for the year :) eating healthy is good, glad you said it like that, as it's a lifestyle, not a quick diet fad. Interested to hear more about your reasons for eating less meat (well, it's expensive for students I know haha!), I recently read an article about what a difference we can make if we just don't eat meat for one day of the week. I guess maybe you could do that, maybe more than one day if you can't afford to eat it every day haha :P I could try find the article for you, it was only short, and not the best, but still gave some basic info :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love it if you could find that article for me :) I will message you on twitter. :)

      Delete
  13. Iv'e been enjoying reading your blog lately so I nominated you for the liebster award, come over and check it out on my blog so you know what to do. :)

    thattypicalgurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you :3 I'll be sure to check it out ASAP!

      Delete
  14. Great post :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for your comment on my blog,,,,,i really like you blog a lot..... good luck for your new year resolutions....you surely stick to them...dont worry
    keep in touch
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great goals! Keep pursuing them. You will surely reap benefits. Happy new year!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely post! :)

    I would like to invite you to my blog! I would be so happy if we support each other on GFC, Facebook and maybe Instagram!
    Do it and let me know! xx

    Blog | Facebook Page | Bloglovin | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are really great goals that definitely seem doable! Haha these are all goals that I am trying to work on this year as well. Good luck with 2015! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! All the best to you also :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!