Winter Wardrobe Essentials!

01:06:00

ha

ha by ellensmith813 featuring a shift dress





For every season, there seems to be an ongoing trend for the duration of that time, or wardrobe staples as I prefer to call them - things that should be permanently in one's wardrobe. I thought that I'd compose a little blog post on the things I think are absolutely essential in a Winter Wardrobe!



1. A checkered Shirt: These things I find are a perfect layering piece. These are so many ways to wear them! When it gets too hot (which is unlikely at the moment) you can just wrap it around your waist. You can wear it open or closed over t-shirts and tops and gradually layer over this with cardigans, jackets or whatever else you can think of!

2. A Jumper: The item I have displayed kind of splits into two categories, a jumper and a CHRISTMAS JUMPER! (You can tell I am excited for Christmas can't you?) Knitted jumpers keep you so snug during the colder months. However, it isn't always appropriate to wear a Christmas jumper all year long. So now that it's December you can flaunt that thing to your hearts desire!

3. Cardigans: These are again another perfect layering piece. I personally like longer cardigans as opposed to the short ones that only reach the end of your torso. But you can wear whatever you like. I chose to display the flannel black and red squared cardigan as I've noticed this is quite a trend this season! This pattern has been displayed in so many places.

4. Scarf : A scarf will keep your neck warm. This is probably my main reason for putting this on my list. They come in a large variety of textures and colours also so you'll almost never have a scarf without a matching outfit!

5. Bobble Hats : These hats beat any other hats in my mind. They are cute and stylish and they come in many festive patterns at this time of the year!

6. A Onesie: Keeping warm and toasty is my main objective every winter. I think wearing a onesie fulfills this aim every time. They again come in the most adorable patterns you could think of. Personally I have a "Lion Onesie" which I got for Christmas last year from boohoo.com . They are also extremely comfortable and the perfect piece of lounge wear!

7. A Velvet Skirt: I love the feel of velvet and I have noticed it being very trendy in the past two years. I particularly love it in festive autumnal colours like maroon and midnight blue. I think it's something you can wear when you want to look well put together rather than casual and cosy. I think it'd look gorgeous with boots, fluffy socks and tights which will keep you equally as warm!

8. A Sequin Dress: I must admit that this isn't in my closet. But I am constantly on the hunt for the perfect, inexpensive sequin dress. If I had one, it'd be the type of thing I would wear to a Christmas outing or on a night out. This piece does scream "Christmas" to me and I just think it should be in everyone's closet.


I hope you guys liked my list of wardrobe staples for the winter!
I'd love to know what you guys like to wear at this time of the year.
Only 21 days until Christmas!
I'll see you soon,
Ellen
x x x x x x x x x x

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Jumpers are a must! Great post :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picks! that onesie is sooo cute! and I love the velvet skirt :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the velvet skirt a lot too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! :) Have a wonderful day!
    www.jchung.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspire me!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! A/W fashion is definitely my favourite :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) a post I read recently said that people tend to dress better in autumn/winter. It's so true!

      Delete
  6. I love wearing onesies, I really want a dinosaur one haha. I would love a velvet skirt, I will make sure to pop that onto my winter shopping list!


    thattypicalgurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, a lot of inspiration!!!

    Kisses, love Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone MUST have a Christmas/winter sweater. It should be mandatory. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your picks, Ellen!! My favourites have to be hats, checkered shirts (hi5!!!), and a cosy sweater! :P Haha! :D

    http://anshul90.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much. I would love a follow. I've been on your blog already and I think i follow you right now but I will check. So glad you liked this post :)

      Delete
  11. I love that velvet skirt, so so cute! you have great taste!
    Love from France <3
    Cécile
    www.maxcebycecilej.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog! Just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin, would you please follow me back? :)

    Michaella from http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like it :) I will follow you now :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!