Christmas DIY - How to make your very own Christmas Crackers!

11:40:00




Hey! Firstly, I would like to apologise for my delay in posting in the past week or so. I was pretty occupied with exams and afterwards I wanted to chill out for a few days. Seeing as I have a month off, that'll give me the perfect opportunity to supply some awesome blog posts for you guys.

Today I am going to show you this extremely simple DIY. I am sure a lot of you would have guessed how to make these Christmas crackers yourself. I love making them so I really wanted to show you guys how. I really hope you enjoy the post!



These are some of the things you will need and use to make these crackers. You can alternate many of these things if you wish! Empty toilet rolls, wrapping paper (old or new!), a scissors, tape, a few goodies/presents to put inside, stickers for decoration and finally string or something you can use to tie are required. I would personally recommend ribbon, but I unfortunately had none.


The first thing you will want to do is briefly measure your wrapping paper in accordance to the size of the toilet rolls. You will want to have excess wrapping paper. That is why I used three toilet rolls to measure the wrapping paper. I will remove the two outer rolls once I have measured and cut the wrapping paper accurately. 




You then want to wrap the paper until the roll is completely covered in wrapping paper and then cut it.




This will result in a strip of wrapping paper like this.




You will then place your little treats inside the roll before wrapping it. You can put whatever you want in it as long as they fit!






Wrap the paper around the roll, making sure it stay in the middle. Once you are happy, you can stick the wrapping paper down with tape to secure the cracker!




Pinch the excess and begin tying it with ribbon, string or whatever you have where it meets the end of the roll. 

You can use stickers to decorate!



Your end product should look something like this!


 I really hope that you guys enjoyed this post. I find Christmas crackers really useful and handy at this time of year. You can use them as an alternative way to wrapping small gifts for friends, for the anual tug-of-war with family members at the Christmas dinner table or even as decoration. Whatever way you choose to use them, I hope you will enjoy them.

Thanks so much for reading.
My blog has grown a lot in the last while and I am so appreciative of every single comment or view I get. I have a new Facebook page for the blog if you are interested in liking it and keeping up to date. Just click here to view it!

I will be back soon. There's only six days until Christmas! I'll see you soon :)
Ellen
x x x x x x x x x x


You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. you have a nice blog.....do you wanna follow each other...follow me on GFC and let me know by leaving your URL on my blog....i will follow You back immediately....
    keep in touch
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like my blog cause I've been working pretty hard on it :)
      I will comment on your blog most definitely :)

      Delete
  2. fun! i'd love to try this!
    http://juliaspuellaaeterna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for sharing this with us :)
    Let me know if you're interested in following eachother on GFC?
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh we just love this!! Such a great job you have done :D

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Ellen..... so cute!!!
    Kisses, love Paola.
    ……/\…………………*………*………*….*…….*…..
    …../..\……./\………….*…………*…..*………*…….
    …./….\…../..\……*………….*………*……..*…….*.
    …/_…_\…/….\…….*….*………*……….*…….*….
    …./…..\../_…_\…*…………..*………….*……*……
    …/…….\./…….\….*…….*………*……..*.*…….*.
    ../_……_\………\ ……*…….*………*……..*…….*
    …/……..\………_\…*………*…….*………*……..*.
    ../……….\………\………*…….*………*……..*…..
    ./…………\…….._\..*….*…__██__…..*……*…..
    /________\………\…..*…….( • • )…..*…….*…..
    ……|…|_________\.*……..─(░•░)─….*…….*…
    ……|…|….|…|.*………..*…..(░ • ░)……**…….*
    =================================

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love your Christmas scene! <3

      Delete
  6. Oh my god, these are too adorable!! I wish I came across your blog sooner, would definitely have tried wrapping my gifts this way!

    Eena // Eensy Bits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) I'm glad you enjoyed them :D
      You could use them for birthdays etc also, or decoration or for Christmas day.
      Nonetheless your comment is appreciated :)

      Delete
  7. This is such a great idea! I'll have to do this next year for my housemates :') xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!