The Christmas Tag!

18:09:00

(An image from google images and edited slightly)


Seeing as Christmas is just around the corner and I can feel myself all cuddly and festive on my bed, my cat by my side, I have decided to do The Christmas Tag. I have taken this off of a girl Jemma's blog Dork Face (Hi if you're reading!) and I hope you guys really enjoy this!


What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
This is such a difficult question to answer. I honestly would love to return to my childhood Christmases where I'd eagerly and excitedly be up and ready at six o' clock in the morning. I really don't think there is anything better than the joy in childrens' eyes on Christmas morning.

Favourite Christmas movie?

This is again another hard question to answer. I remember a few of my housemates were raving about "Love Actually". Out of curiosity I watched it but I found myself disappointing. In my opinion there were too many characters and there wasn't just one story to focus on. I always prefer to watch disney movies during Christmas time, you can't beat a disney classic like "Aladdin" or "Beauty and the Beast"


Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?

I thought the point of the naughty or the nice list was not knowing until Christmas day? I was hopefully nice enough.

Have you ever had a white Christmas?

I think it was snowing once or twice. :) 

Where do you usually spend your Christmas?

Normally it is spent at home with my brothers and parents. I remember once we went to Mayo to family and another time England to more family. 


Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?

I have never opened or been allowed to open a present before Christmas day. I don't understand when people open presents before Christmas, it defeats the purpose of it all a little bit.


Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph. How I know all the names is a mystery to me.


What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?

I am patiently awaiting the beautiful Christmas dinner annually made by my dad. 


Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

For the past few years we have had an absolutely stunning fake three which is massive, seven and a half feet tall!


Hands down, what's your all-time favourite Christmas food and Christmas sweet treat?

I don't like Christmas cake but Christmas pudding is right up my street. 


Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I do love to give, of course I do. But I can't deny it is much better to receive. I am not saying this because I am a greedy person, I am saying this because the whole act of giving can oftentimes be stressful. Especially when you are looking for something for someone close to you. You feel like you have some sort of duty to get them something spectacular, something they will love. Then when I give them the gift(s) I have chosen for them I automatically feel flushed and embarrassed and a little stressed. I get this fear that they won't like what I have gotten them although I have tried my best. Receiving is less stressful than giving. 

Does your family have a special Christmas recipe you like to help make?

Nope, unfortunately. 


Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?

It depends on what I am wrapping. I am pretty good when I have plenty of wrapping paper and I am wrapping simple shapes. However when the roll is almost empty and I still have things to wrap up, things can get chaotic to say the least. 


Most memorable Christmas moment?

I remember having my family in England huddled up together in my aunts house for Christmas dinner the year I went to England on Christmas dinner. It was a different experience for me because I normally would only spend Christmas with my nuclear family rather than the aunts, the uncles, cousins and grandparents.


What made you realise the truth about Santa?

I think my older brother may have told me.


Do you make New Year resolutions? Do you stick to them?

I used to make ones that I would always break. I didn't make any last year, but the year before I just made one to embrace and record all positive things in a box with sticky notes. It really did work.


What makes Christmas special for you?

Christmas kind of went down hill as I became a teenager. However, this year it's my first time home from college for a long period of time. It's really refreshing to spend time with my family. 

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Great post
    Would you like to follow each other ?
    I'll follow back after it

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really glad you liked my post. :)
      I will check out your blog and then follow you if that's ok?

      Delete
  2. Awe, gotta love how the older brother broke it to ya that Santa wasnt real. We don't really remember believing in him, which is weird because most kids do! haha.
    We can wrap really well as well when it is a simple shape. but some gifts are just too hard to wrap! lol :P
    Lovely post, we enjoyed reading this :D

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you girls :) so glad you guys liked this post :)

      Delete
  3. Aww I think my older brother told me about Santa too haha! :D

    Your new years resolution to record everything positive sounds so good though! It'd be a lovely way to keep happy memories!

    Jemma xx
    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something we have in common hahaha :)
      It did really work :)

      Delete
  4. Loved reading through this and couldn't agree with your first answer more! Having childrens' excitement around really adds to Christmas :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks. Glad you enjoyed reading :)

      Delete
  5. Very nice! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never name all the reindeer haha :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. My older siblings told me about Santa too... it was actually my sister. I remember we were going shopping for presents and out of no where she was just like, "You know, Santa's not real. He doesn't exist." lol I remember being in school and telling people he wasn't weird and they looked at me like I was strange :P

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that must be the case for a lot of people, judging by a few of the comments on this blogpost ahahaha :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely tag Ellen!!!
    Have a beautiful Christmas week darling!!!
    Kisses, love Paola.
    expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you so much. I am glad you liked it :)
      You have a lovely week also :)

      Delete
  9. Nice post. Cool photos! Merry Christmas for you!
    On my blog reviev of a Magdalena's Kanoniak fashion book.
    Your opinion is for me very important!
    www.gabriel-data.blogspot.com - MY BLOG
    Fashion Projects

    ReplyDelete
  10. christmas with family....is just awesome.....
    keep in touch
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!