Mid-Season sales!

17:27:00


Once the mid-season hit and the sales were advertised, I wasn't exactly the most hesitant to buy things.I'm no different to most girls my age having those urges to go on spending sprees and pick up the latest trends at bargain prices. In the past month, I've gone shopping about three times and I am still expecting a clothing order from China very soon. I thought it would be a cool idea to show you guys some of the things I have bought. It'll give ye an idea of what is still around to buy and many people are normally just curious of what others like to pick up. 

About one week ago, I headed to Dundrum Town Centre, Ireland's biggest shopping centre which is within walking distance (or bus distance if you are willing unlike myself to pay the bus fare) from UCD. I picked up a few essentials in Penneys/Primark as well as a lovely fluffy,  navy hooded cardigan jacket, appropriate for the winter. I then went into River Island where I bought a beautiful and elegant white top. The back is longer than the front and is completely transparent with a lacey back. The front has a small lace panel. I finally stopped when I went to H&M and got a breathable, jumper with several holes in my favorite burgundy colour. It is the perfect transition piece in my opinion from Autumn to Winter.  I also bought a variety of earrings and a grey beanie hat!









During the week, I went to Penneys again with my friend from university, who this time had a particular urge to spend money on clothes. I took the opportunity to join her. When we were there I spotted a very memorable piece, a black and red flannel cardigan. It was the only one in sight and luckily in a small size. I put it on for trial. It felt comfy but I was still unsure whether or not to get it. I felt slightly guilty about spending another portion of money only a few days after my initial shopping spree. In the end I gave in to temptation and bought it. I do not regret that decision. I think the piece is very stand out. As well as this it proves to be very warm. I was very toasty wearing the wrap around with merely a vest top during my lectures. I also spotted a statement necklace in Penneys this time around and decided to pick it up.


I, as per usual was using facebook during the week and realised that Shutterbug/Folkster were having their annual kilo sale in Dublin this weekend. I hadn't been in an awful long time. I love this vintage shop to pieces. Their items are absolutely stunning. I've bought two debs dresses from them previously as well as various other items in past kilo sales in Kilkenny. So you can expect that I was fairly determined to go.

So this morning I attended the Kilo Sale in Smithfield, Dublin 7. The sale started at 12 today. There were tonnes and tonnes of people, who had started waiting to enter the sale area from around 8 o' clock. I'm fairly sure there was over 800 people there, a shocking amount of people in one area, competing for the remainder of the shutterbug stock. I was adamant on getting a flannel shirt. The only ones I own are quite feminine in pink colours. I wanted bolder more masculine colours. Unfortunately enough for me any of the shirts I managed to find were far too large for me, particular around the arm area. It sometimes can be very frustrating being little. Nonetheless I managed to find a few things which I am very satisfied with. I picked up an army jacket which were extremely popular around a year ago. I guess one could say I'm a bit late with the trend. However it's something I don't think will ever become uncool. I also got some velvet leggings in black, an item I have always wanted as they are quite versatile; wearable during the day and night. I finally got an elegant textured skater dress in mint green. This dress has an open back which is something I think is a gorgeous element to a clothing item. 





I hope you guys enjoy having a look at my recent purchases. I would be extremely interested in hearing what you guys have been buying lately.

I'll see you soon,
Ellen

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x 

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Lovely picks, I love the dress with the open back :) I always think it's so pretty when dresses have surprise details at the back.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I am in love with it and can't wait to wear it :)

      Delete
  2. Great haul, I love the green dress!!!!
    Have a great start of the new week doll!

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. you bought great items!

    http://itsjustshalay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great haul! I love the navy cardigan jacket the most, it looks so comfy!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You had quite a shopping spree! Sales get me excited too. I love the flannel cardigan and cute dress with a sexy back!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are probably my faves along with the army jacket. :)
      The Flannel Cardi is so big and cosy and also functions as a blankie :)

      Delete
  6. Perfection dear!
    wish you a great weekend ahead…
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome post :) i love your blog, keep up the good work ;D

    mfashionfreak♥blog
    sweater giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much. It's appreciated :D

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!